I am facing problem because of Illegal Construction and Encroachment by my Neighbors in Pagdi Property. I have very less materials to prove it but I am sure that with the help of proper expert guidance evidence can be extracted.
I could not make out from where this query has come.

(1) If you are from Mumbai, then make a complaint to Building and Factory Department of your Municipal Ward office of your area, against the illegal construction work done by your neighbour.

If no action is taken on your complaint within a month, then for inaction by Municipal Ward Office (Building and Factory department), make a Lokshahi Din Complaint to Zonal Deputy Municipal Commissioner whose office address you can find out from said ward office.

Also make simultaneous complaint to Building Proposal Department of BMC, asking it whether permission is given by that office to do new or additional construction work by your neighbour.

For inaction by Building Proposal Department, make a Lokshahi Din complaint to Deputy Chief Engineer of concerned Building Proposal Department.

(2) If you are from outside Mumbai, but in Corporation area, then first you make complaint to Municipal Ward Office's Building and Factory Department.

Simultaneously make complaint to Town Planning Department of Municipal Corporation, asking that office whether permission is taken to your neighbour to make additional or new construction work of their building.

If complaint is not redressed by Municipal Corporation's above two Offices, then make a Lokshahi Din complaint to Municipal Commissioner against respective office for its inaction.

(3) If you are from a Small Municipality or Gram Panchayat area, then you make complaint to Chief Officer of Municipality or Chief Officer of Gram Panchayat.
Also make another complaint to concerned district Collector's Town Planning Department, to know whether said neighbour of yours has taken permission to do additional or new construction work of their building.

If action is not taken on your complaint by Municipality or Gram Panchayat, make a Lokshahi Din Complaint to District Collector.
Our Experts

Shirish Shanbhag An MSc in Organic Chemistry and Diploma in Higher Education and Diploma in French. As a junior college teacher, he taught theory and practical in chemistry, to students in 11th and 12th standard at Patkar College from July 1980 to May 2012. After his retirement in May 2012, he started providing guidance to people on several issues. It includes, career guidance, Cooperative Housing Societies' legal paper works, Right to Information (RTI), Lokayukta, Ombudsman complaints, Marriage Registration,

Bapoo Malcolm Bapoo Malcolm is an Advocate at the Bombay High Court and a former national cycling champion and a man of many interests. Mr Malcolm is an expert in the mechanics of preparing Wills. He is advocate practising civil and criminal law as well as documentation and arbitration. He also takes up family court matters, redevelopment and MHADA matters and testamentary work, including litigation. Mr Malcolm operates in areas up to Nashik and Valsad and from Igatpuri to Udvada. He has experience in polluti

Jamshed Mistry Jamshed Mistry is a BCom, LLB, DLL & LW. He appears as Counsel in the Supreme Court and in various High Courts all over India. His clients have included several corporate companies as well as public sector corporations and institutions eg. the Reserve Bank of India and the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking. He also works actively for social causes like the rights of disabled persons, beach safety (Goa Action Plan), the setting up of distinct hawking and non-hawking zones in

Shailesh Gandhi Shailesh Gandhi is a former Central Information Commissioner for the Right to Information Act. He is a successful RTI activist and a regular speaker at Moneylife Foundation.

Abhay Datar Abhay Datar is a consumer activist and is also Member of the Managing Committee of Mumbai Grahak Panchayat (MGP). He was Treasurer at MGP for over two and a half years. After working at Bank of Baroda for about 29 years, he retired as IT Manager. After retirement, Mr Datar joined Consumer Guidance Cell of MGP in 2008 and solved many cases related to banking including online fraudulent transactions, misuse of credit cards and ATM cards. Also handled cases related to mobile and mediclaim. Mr Data

AV Shenoy AV Shenoy hold degrees in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering from VJTI, University of Bombay and a Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. Worked as a Design Engineer in Electrical Business Group of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. at Powai from October 1969 to September 2001 and retired as Dy. General Manager. Also worked as a Facilitator/Trainer for implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM) and ISO 9000 in the organization. Since r

DG Kale DG Kale, former General Manager of the Reserve Bank of India, with a long stint in the customer services department, has also been a Public Information Officer under RTI and has a ring-side view on what happens to complaints filed with the Banking Ombudsman. His vast experience makes him the ideal person to provide guidance on grievance redressal.

SD Israni Dr SD Israni is an Advocate & Partner of SD Israni Law Chambers and has over 37 years of experience in the field of Corporate, Commercial and Securities Laws. He has simply written the book on Indian securities laws, copies of which he kindly donated to Moneylife Foundation library. Dr Israni's professional achievements are formidable. He was a member of the Naresh Chandra Committee for simplification of Company Law relating to private and small companies. He has been on SEBI's committee on

Samir Zaveri An extraordinary activist who has dedicated his life to the cause of railways, with a mission to help every rail commuter and accident victims, and improve Railway safety.

Yogesh Sapkale Yogesh Sapkale is Deputy Editor of Moneylife and writes on legal, RTI, and consumer issues

To ask a question

Sign Up or Sign In
than you