Someone's account has been linked with my uncle's cibil and it has affected hos score. Bank says they are not at fault and the manager has sent a mail to cibil but has not got a reply
Cibil isnt giving proper response and refers back to the bank
Whay to do?
Hope your uncle had raised dispute with CIBIL through its official channel. If not, then please follow this process...

Your uncle needs to file a dispute with CIBIL, which can be done online as well. Here is the link For this your uncle will need a recent credit report. He needs to provide control number (CN-it will be on the CIBIL report) along with his personal details and the nature of dispute.

As you may be aware, CIBIL only collects and processed data received from banks. If the mistake of linking other person is done by CIBIL, they will rectify it once your uncle submit the dispute form. If this is due to wrong data submitted by the bank, CIBIL will share the dispute and ask the bank to submit fresh data after necessary correction. This process may take time from some days to 2-3 months.

If this does not resolve the issue, then you can send your uncle's latest credit report and his grievance to [email protected]
Our Experts

Sucheta Dalal Trustee - Moneylife Foundation

Suresh Prabhu Mr Prabhu retired as Senior Vice President from HDFC Bank

R Bhuvaneswari After serving Bank of Baroda for almost 40 years, Ms Bhuvaneshwari retired as Chief Manager in 2013.

Yogesh Sapkale Yogesh Sapkale is Deputy Editor of Moneylife and writes on finance, credit related issues

Your question will be published directly on the site. Please do not enter any personal details like name, mobile number, email id etc.

To ask a question

Sign Up or Sign In
than you