Avnet's X-fest Breaks Records in Bangalore
BANGALORE, India, Aug. 2
More than 300 engineers scramble to attend global technical seminar
BANGALORE, India, Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Avnet's X-fest 2012 ( http://www.xfest.avnetasia.com/ ) global seminar series, which took place in Bangalore on July 17, set a new country attendance record by attracting more than 300 engineers, more than doubling the number of attendees who attended the same event last time and significantly exceeding the expected 200 attendees. The X-fest series of one-day training events for FPGA, ARM MCUs, DSP and embedded system developers, was organized by Avnet Electronics Marketing Asia ( http://www.em.avnetasia.com/ ), a business region of Avnet, Inc ( http://avnet.com ) (NYSE: AVT ( http://ir.avnet.com/ )).
X-fest has attracted significant interest in sessions held in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and Guangzhou. Beijing X-fest also set a new breaking record with almost 1,000 people attending the event, while the Shanghai, Chengdu and Guangzhou sessions also drew higher-than-expected numbers of Avnet customers. Planning is already underway for upcoming events in Singapore, Bangkok, Xi'an, Nanjing, Hangzhou and Shenyang, where there are signs of equally healthy interest. The seminar series will continue until the end of August. Registration is open at Avnet's online portal: http://www.xfest.avnetasia.com .
"The success and overwhelmingly positive responses for X-fest Bangalore demonstrate that engineers find the event truly helpful to their work. They learned a lot about how to design their products with new technology," said Terence Tan, regional president, Avnet Electronics Marketing, South Asia and Korea.
"The record attendance at X-fest in India is a testimony to our ability to understand what our partners truly need and demonstrates our commitment to delivering added values," said Tan.
His views were echoed by Ramani Sundaresan, managing director of Avnet Electronics Marketing India.
"Avnet is committed to bringing new technology to customers and at this year's X-fest, we feature revolutionary technology - 28nm, Zynq-700 EPP and Xilinx 7-series as well as new applications. Through this event, we are also able to deliver system level solutions that facilitate time-to-market benefits for our customers. Our team of experienced engineers and our partners have come together to directly interact with their fellow engineers, showing them the best ways to integrate today's leading technology into their designs," said Sundaresan.
The X-fest 2012 program features twelve technical courses based on Xilinx's new Artix(TM)-7, Kintex(TM)-7 and Virtex(TM)-7 FPGAs, as well as the new Zynq(TM)-7000 Extensible Processing Platform (EPP) family. Attendees have the ability to customize their day by selecting four courses from any of the three unique training tracks:
-- The FPGA Fundamentals track features four courses aimed at common
design issues facing both new and advanced FPGA designers. Topics
around Xilinx 28nm 7 series FPGAs include power design,
optimizing memory interfaces, clocking and PCIe interface
-- The Applications track delves deeper into design methodologies
and techniques required in designing with the Zynq(TM)-7000 EPP
and 7 series FPGAs. Application-oriented topics include wireless
communications, motor control, video and real-world analog
-- The Zynq(TM)-7000 EPP track provides four courses dedicated to
the ARM dual core Cortex(TM)-A9 MPCore(TM) based device. Topics
include an introductory overview of the Zynq-7000 EPP
architecture, Zynq-7000 EPP development tools overview and
software acceleration techniques using the Zynq-7000 EPP's
Connect with X-fest
Watch X-fest's videos at www.em.avnetasia.com or Avnet OnDemand (http://avnetondemand.com/avnet-in-asia/channel/74/ )
Like X-fest on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/#!/xfest2012 )
Follow X-fest on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/AvnetXfest )
About Avnet Electronics Marketing Asia ( http://www.em.avnetasia.com/ )
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), has a significant presence in Asia. With its regional headquarters in Singapore, the company has offices in 49 locations in Asia. Avnet Electronics Marketing Asia distributes semiconductors, interconnects, passive and electromechanical components to serve a wide range of customers including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers, and small- to medium-sized businesses, and provides associated design-chain and supply-chain services. More information is available at http://www.em.avnetasia.com .
For further information please contact:
SOURCE Avnet Electronics Marketing Asia
Feed from BusinessWire
Modest Growth Coupled With Intensified Pressure to Reduce Costs Leads to Conservative Expectations for the Coming Year According to Highly Anticipated Trends Survey from Brookfield Global Relocation Services
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 17:09
HiLITE Business Park –Unveiling the most Prestigious Workspace at HiLITE City
Source: HiLite Builders Pvt. Ltd (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 16:00
Hyundai Motor Commences the ‘Trophy Tour’ for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
Source: Hyundai Motor India Limited (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 15:41
Arthur D. Little Creates Strategy for Healthcare Launch Excellence
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 15:30
IPAN Hill+Knowlton Strategies Selected to be HSBC PR Agency
Source: IPAN Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 14:02
Plancess Partners with LurnQ taking the $2 Billion Engineering Test Preparation Market Online
Source: LurnQ (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 12:14
Lundbeck: Depressive Symptoms Are Frequent During Manic Episodes of Bipolar I Disorder
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 12:10
LPU’s 3rd Convocation was an Historic Moment as Two Presidents of Asia’s Great Nations Graced the Occasion
Source: Lovely Professional University (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 11:30
Toshiba to Start Mass Production of Next Generation NAND Flash Memory
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 11:28
Gemalto and Encore Networks Partner to Provide M2M Wireless Solutions for Mission Critical Communications
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 21st May, 11:10
Feed from PR Newswire
Composite Insights Report Analyses Global Multiaxial Fabrics Industry - Demand to reach $1.1 billion in 2018
Source: Composite Insights Pvt Ltd On: 21st May, 10:00 AM
Does my Butt Look Big in This? New, Honest Social Platform
Source: Americos Technologies Pvt Ltd On: 21st May, 09:20 AM
Using Tablets in Rural India to Build Demand for Safe Water
Source: Safe Water Network On: 21st May, 05:55 AM
Jedox Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
Source: Jedox AG On: 21st May, 05:00 AM
Arab Islamic Summit Calls on Hans Hassle for Vertical Urban Agriculture Solution for the MENA Region at Dushanbe May 20th 2013
Source: Plantagon International AB On: 21st May, 04:28 AM
SRS Cinemas Brings World-Class Entertainment Experience to Shimla
Source: SRS Group On: 21st May, 04:02 AM
Blue Prism Named 2013 Gartner "Cool Vendor"
Source: Blue Prism On: 21st May, 04:00 AM
Altran Preparing the Route for the Solar Impulse Trans-American Flight
Source: Altran On: 21st May, 04:00 AM
Lyon May 28 - 31 2013: The International Financial Research Community Meets at EMLYON Business School
Source: EMLYON On: 21st May, 08:00 AM
Apple Remains No.1 in the BrandZ(TM) Top 100 Ranking of the Most Valuable Global Brands
Source: Millward Brown and WPP On: 21st May, 07:00 AM
- Phaneesh Murthy: Let off by Infosys, sacked by iGate over sexual harassment charges
- Is the interest in Gold ETFs waning?
- OMCs to stop LPG deliveries to houses with multiple-connections from 1st June
- BSE to shift 29 scrips to T group category for failure to comply with demat norms
- Sun TV Networks announces 11% jump in its net profit
- S&P cautions India of rating downgrade; retains negative outlook
- COMPAT orders cement cos to pay 10% of the Rs6,307 crore penalty
- ITC net profit up 19.4%, aided by non-cigarette and agri-business segments
- Vikram Pandit to buy stake in JM Financial, to head its proposed banking arm
- MMM India, another MLM taking people for “double-your-money” ride
- RBI tells HDFC Bank not to make up its own KYC verification rules
- Why I-T returns of Pawar, Jindal and Gandhi are exempted from RTI?
- The draconian LBT: Local Body Tax explained
- How much longer can the FM, RBI ignore HSBC in India?
- Aadhaar: Private ownership of UID data- Part I
- Aadhaar: Who owns the UID database? –Part II
- Did HSBC Bank resort to toxic churning and illegitimate transactions to earn commissions?
- PNB Metlife refunds Rs25,000 to the correct policyholder: another Moneylife victory
- The draconian LBT: Local Body Tax explained
- Goa’s Advocate General is the highest paid across the country, reveals RTI
- Mass mis-selling: 59,000 investors in Kolhapur are alleged to have lost money in LIC ULIPs
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low – I? Maximum buying at peak index levels
- Investors lost Rs1 lakh crore due to poor regulation. Will there be a CBI probe?
- Directors of public sector banks: The ground reality
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low–II? Momentum-chasing
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low–III? Panic-selling during declines
- Has Rakesh Maria tried to salvage his image through Ram Gopal Varma’s film on the 26/11 attack?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls
Join 22, 000 Others
- Daily & Weekly newsletters
- Access to www.moneylife.in to comment, create alerts
- Your own profile in Moneylife.in
- All special mailers
- Basic membership to MSSN, our new initiative
- Free ebooks
- Invitation to events
- Invitation to round-table meets
- Access to Insurance helpline
- Access to counselling sessions
- Access to Reading room in Mumbai