Viber Reaches 100 Million Users, Takes Aim at New Platforms with Hundreds of Millions of Users
London, United Kingdom (Business Wire (Business Wire India))
Viber, the leading mobile communications platform offering free HD-quality phone calls and text and photo messages, announces today that it has surpassed the 100 million users milestone across the multiple phone platforms that it supports. Additionally, the company unveiled that it is simultaneously releasing three new messaging versions of its application for popular phone platforms and is adding free HD-quality phone calls and group messaging to the Nokia Windows Phone 7 version of the app. This expansion will allow hundreds of millions of users to gain access to free communications via Viber.
Nokia S40, Symbian and Bada Platforms
The new version features Viber’s popular text messaging service. The app is being released to the popular S40, Symbian and Bada platforms that power hundreds of millions of mobile devices around the world. More than 1.5 billion phones using the Nokia S40 platform have been sold since the platform was first released. These new platforms represent a huge and untapped market for Viber and allow the startup to provide even more people with the ability to communicate freely.
Viber for Windows Phone 7 on Nokia Devices
Viber is also releasing a completely new version for Nokia Lumia phones running the Windows Phone 7 platform. Viber now offers Nokia Windows Phone 7 users free HD-quality phone calls and group messaging in addition to free text and photo messages. This version was developed in partnership with Nokia and is currently available exclusively on Nokia Lumia phones.
“We are committed to our users and to our mission – to let people all over the world connect freely,” said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber Media. “By adding the S40, Symbian and Bada platforms to our list of supported mobile OSs, we are expanding the community of individuals who can communicate for free, no matter what platform they use.”
Viber for iPhone – iOS Platform Update
Also being released is an update to the iOS platform. Viber for iPhone now contains localization to: Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew and Portuguese.
Viber currently handles over 2 billion minutes of calls and over 6 billion messages every month, as well as over 10 million calls per day. Viber recently released version 2.2 of its popular mobile application bringing group messaging to the millions of Viber users around the world.
Viber is developed by Viber Media, the pioneering mobile VoIP and messaging company. First released on December 2, 2010, Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. Viber users can make free, HD-quality calls, send text and photo messages, and share locations anywhere in the world, on iPhone®, Android™, Blackberry®, Windows Phone 7, Symbian, Nokia S40 and Bada devices over a 3G/4G or WiFi connection. With more than 100 million users in 193 countries, Viber is constantly innovating by introducing new features, platforms and possibilities.
Feed from BusinessWire
Ensaara Metropark Awarded ‘Integrated Township of the Year’
Source: Ensaara Metropark On: 11th Mar, 11:40
International Recognition for Apollo Health City, Wins the Prestigious ‘International Medical Tourism Award’
Source: Apollo Health City On: 11th Mar, 11:20
ZTE Releases LTE Broadband Multimedia Trunking Solution at CeBIT
Source: Business Wire On: 11th Mar, 11:15
Perennial (Singapore) Retail Management Pte. Ltd. Selects Yardi Voyager
Source: Business Wire On: 11th Mar, 11:10
ResearchDx, the Leading Contract Diagnostics Organization, Sponsors the Asia BioPharma Convention 2014
Source: Business Wire On: 11th Mar, 11:04
ITB Berlin 2014: Halls Fully Booked, Increase in Trade Visitors and Business Volume Sets New Records
Source: Business Wire On: 11th Mar, 10:46
Soha Ali Khan Announces Anagha Sethuraman as India’s Spelling Champ of Classmate Spell Bee 2014
Source: ITC Classmate-Radio Mirchi On: 10th Mar, 18:10
Phoenix Audio Technologies to Unveil The Spider – a New, Innovative IP Conference Phone
Source: Business Wire On: 10th Mar, 17:55
22nd Century Group Subsidiary Goodrich Tobacco Company Granted Federal Permit to Manufacture Tobacco Products
Source: Business Wire On: 10th Mar, 17:50
Quintiles Announces Launch of Secondary Public Offering of Common Stock
Source: Business Wire On: 10th Mar, 16:45
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- FMP is unclear to investors: Our Online Survey Results
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- Scam-tainted officers gunning for Dr Ashok Khemka?
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls