CARTES 2012 Shines a Spotlight on Issues Which Will Shape the Interconnected Commerce and Mobile Payments of Tomorrow
Paris, France (Business Wire (Business Wire India))
CARTES, the leading smart technology trade show, revealed the market's issues, challenges and views at a round table, on 12 June, dedicated to "interconnected commerce and the new payment landscape (electronic, mobile, physical)". The discussions between professionals (Auchan Group, BNP-Paribas, Buyster, Oberthur and Paypal France) facilitated forward-thinking and forward-planning around payment methods.
CARTES Press conference 12 June 2012 (Photo: Business Wire)
CARTES: Not just a trade show, but the world-leading event in smart technology
At the heart of smart technology issues for 27 years, CARTES is a meeting place which encourages discussions between professionals on the sector's headline topics.
This year, the trade show topic focuses on security and mobile payments. Banks, telecommunication operators and distributors will therefore come together from 6-8 November 2012, at Paris Nord Villepinte, to discover the latest innovations in payment and security technology.
Presenting market research on the new payment landscape
As a prelude to the round table, Angelo Caci, Co-Managing Director at ADN'Co, presented the results of market research which focussed on the new payment landscape. In drawing up the market report, five main trends emerged:
- The multiplication and diversification of payment methods, springing from consumers' passion for new technology and the emergence of new uses;
- The traditional bank card economic model being called into question, forcing the market to restructure itself for greater transparency and increased legislation;
- Consumers taking power: better informed and profiting from a wider range of offers, consumers now have choice and have become players;
- The emergence of new expectations and new ways to buy, blurring the line between 'online' and 'offline' and leading to the emergence of complementary purchasing services;
- An ever-increasing expectation of security and confidence, leading to all market players needing to improve the security of new payment methods.
Summary of the round-table: “Interconnected commerce and the new payment landscape”
Arnaud Crouzet, Electronic Banking Director, Auchan group,
Eric Gontier, General Manager, Buyster,
Nicolas Raffin, Head of Product Marketing for Payment & Transport, Oberthur Technologies,
Gimena Diaz, Sales Director, Paypal France,
Pierre Lahbabi, Head of Strategy, Innovation and group platforms / Cards, BNP Paribas ,
Angelo Caci, ADN’Co Director as a moderator.
A market undergoing a radical transformation
For a long time, the payment market was structured around traditional banking players. But the change in consumer purchasing behaviour has lead to a proliferation of payment methods, the emergence of new players and the current boom of interconnected commerce. A new market is taking shape, but many uncertainties remain.
Bank cards still have a future
The payment chain has been digitalised, like photos and music, encouraging the emergence of new players in the payment market. However, Pierre Lahbabi, Card and Innovation Strategy Manager at BNP Paribas, considers that bank cards continue to offer security, availability and service quality at the best price. Cards enjoy high levels of ownership in France and payment methods based on chip cards, remains highly developed. Furthermore, its interoperability is its strength. "You can pay anywhere with a card," reiterates Pierre Lahbabi. Banks will definitely have to integrate the payment into a certain number of services in order to break into the market. But, as Angelo Caci said, "cards still have a good future ahead of them!"
New payment methods: a response to new consumer behaviours?
We have seen, from among the biggest changes in use, a strong growth in mobile payment transactions and a progressive blurring of the line between 'online' and 'offline'. Today, consumers use their smartphones to search, compare, analyse and buy. Between 10 and 15% of internet traffic already comes from mobiles, and Gimena Diaz, Paypal France's Commercial Manager, adds that by the end of the year they hope to have reached seven billion mobile transactions (against 400,000 three years ago). Still, "consumers want user-friendliness which is adapted to their way of life and they demand maximum security," declares Eric Gontier, CEO at Buyster. Simplicity and security already constitute two key factors that determine the support of users for new payment methods.
Retailers still cautious
New payment methods encounter some integration issues with business owners. Arnaud Crouzet, E-Banking Development Manager for the Auchan Group, confirms: "We are currently in a transitional period where everything is being created simultaneously. It is hard for businesses to know which solutions to invest in to best meet consumer expectation and what guarantees there are." Businesses do not always have the answers; however they feel they need to be able to accept all payment methods. Universal payment methods are, in the end, the inevitable response so customers can use their payment methods anywhere, any time and in any situation.
"New payment methods and traditional ones are certainly encouraged to coexist. But the choice will come down to customers and businesses," concludes Isabelle Alfano, CARTES Events Manager.
Isabelle Alfano, CARTES Trade Show Manager, is available to answer all your questions regarding mobile payment and interconnected commerce, as well as all the issues and opportunities associated with these markets.
To follow the latest news about the Show in real time, we invite you to:
- Register on the Twitter " @_cartes" thread and the blog www.blogcartes.com
- Log onto the website: www.cartes.com
The complete round table proceedings as well as the market research presented by ADN'Co are available.
Please feel free to contact us.
About CARTES 2012:
The CARTES 2012 show, taking place from 6 to 8 November at the Parc des Expositions Paris-Nord Villepinte, is the world's leading event in smart technologies for security, payment, identification and mobility. With 143 countries represented, 450 exhibitors and 140 conferences with international experts, CARTES 2012 is an essential trade show for all the players in this highly dynamic market. This year, for its 27th edition, CARTES 2012 is putting the spotlight on India.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50323231&lang=en
MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE : http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50323231&lang=en
Feed from BusinessWire
Dell Ranks #2 on India's Most Respected Technology Vendors Survey by CIO Association of India
Source: Dell India (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 18:40
JOHNNIE WALKER® BLUE LABEL™ and Alfred Dunhill Unveil Limited Edition Collection in the Face of Resilient Luxury Industry
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 16:39
Delta Introduces 24V 10W and 24V 100W Chrome DIN-Rail Power Supplies
Source: Delta (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 16:34
SES and IPMTV Broaden Partnership
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 16:30
MediaScape / Cignal TV Extends Partnership with SES
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 16:01
BigRock and .biz Launch Program to Bring More Indian Businesses Online
Source: BigRock (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 14:37
Pöyry Releases Biocoal White Paper in Conjunction with PAM-Sponsored Biomass Conference
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 11:40
Rolman Group’s KSA Venture Taps into USD 40 Million Bearings Market
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 11:36
GVK BIO and US FDA Announce Drug Repositioning Collaboration - License to GVK BIO SAR Database GOSTAR
Source: GVK Biosciences Private Limited (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 11:30
Maveric Systems Appoints B Sriram as Senior Vice President – Sales Support
Source: Maveric Systems (Business Wire India) On: 19th Jun, 11:27
Feed from PR Newswire
Rio de Janeiro Launches Public-private Partnership for Zero-emission Transportation
Source: Renault-Nissan Alliance On: 19th Jun, 01:24 PM
Innovative Drug Delivery Systems: Novel Product and Formulation Technology Licensing Opportunities for Generic Pharmaceutical Companies
Source: Bharat Book Bureau On: 19th Jun, 09:30 AM
Drug Patent Watch
Source: Bharat Book Bureau On: 19th Jun, 09:30 AM
Tata Consultancy Services CEO N Chandrasekaran Named One of STEMconnector's "100 CEO Leaders in STEM"
Source: Tata Consultancy Services On: 19th Jun, 09:30 AM
HGS Makes Major Additions to its Leadership Team
Source: HGS On: 19th Jun, 09:00 AM
Major Post Production Facility, AM Studios Chooses Auro 11.1 by Barco on Account of Unique 3D Sound Experience
Source: Barco Electronic Systems Pvt. Ltd On: 19th Jun, 06:58 AM
Acision's Annual Research Shows UK and US Messaging Trends Become More Closely Aligned as OTT Service Usage Proliferates
Source: Acision On: 19th Jun, 05:40 AM
Calling All Lovers: First Ever Worldwide Durex Experiment
Source: Reckitt Benckiser (RB) On: 19th Jun, 04:24 AM
Call Center Worker Risks All for Life-long Fashion Dream
Source: Haniya’s Boutique On: 19th Jun, 04:00 AM
Aurigene and Debiopharm Group™ Report Nomination of Development Candidate Debio 0617B in Oncology
Source: The Debiopharm Group On: 19th Jun, 03:46 AM
- Banks Vs Depositors
- FIR against godman Brahmrishi Kumarswami
- FIPB defers decision on Jet-Etihad deal; Telenor gets go-ahead
- WPI-based Inflation eases to 4.7% in May
- I-T dept issues Rs816 crore demand notice on Wipro
- Government rectifies IIP data to 2.2% within 24 hours
- Naxals attack Dhanbad-Patna train, kills RPF jawan
- SEBI seeks details of Infosys board meeting of 1st June
- NSE to suspend trading in KS Oils, Abhishek Corp from 21st June
- Amway India chief, two others arrested under PCMCS Act. What about other MLMs?
- TDS on bank deposits: RBI’s advice to acknowledge 15-G/15-H is only half a step
- Corporate Governance: Convenience Rules with Infy Too
- Credit Sudhaar asking Rs16,000 a year for restoring 'credit'?
- Governance Deficit in Infosys?
- “Banks should not be selling third-party products,” RBI deputy governor
- Someone knew Narayana Murthy is coming back and traded on it
- Voila! A demand draft is bounced!
- Many messy reasons why people prefer gold. Can the FM remove them?
- Mango: Our Super Functional Food
- Suicides: Thousands of helpless men are victimized every year, says SIFF
- When Narayana Murthy walked the talk on Good Governance
- HDFC Bank pitches toxic product to NRIs
- A yield of 19.4%?
- Exclusive: Here is the Real Estate Bill, kept hidden from public
- Monitoring politically exposed persons: Need for a new approach by RBI
- Moneylife Impact: Now pay online for your passport; challan option also available
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls