Wrong Time for Debt
“Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry”
Shakespeare wrote this in Hamlet. Luckily for the world, nobody listened; otherwise there would have been no banking services. Globally, the debt market is estimated at around $50 trillion! Surely, a lot of money is being borrowed and lent. In my lifetime, I have seen Indians turning from savers and investors to borrowers and investors. Today, only the poor borrow to meet their needs, while the rich borrow to get richer. Banks and finance companies are eager to give you...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +5070 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls