The patent grant for Vancoplus is valid up to February 2026 and Venus said it aims to launch the drug in Japan in early 2015
New Delhi: Pharma company Venus Remedies on Monday said it has received patent approval from the Japanese health regulator for Vancoplus, which is used in treating bacterial resistance, reports PTI.
The company has received patent grant for Vancoplus from Japan Patent Office (JPO), Venus Remedies said in a statement.
The patent grant for Vancoplus is valid up to February 2026, the company said, adding that the approval is the company's first in the Japanese market.
The company said it aims to launch Vancoplus in Japan in early 2015. The product is at present available in emerging markets and is under registration in many countries.
"The market size of MRSA in the world accounts for $900 million. Presently, it is growing with CAGR of 4.8%, which is estimated to reach to $1.2 billion by 2017," Venus Remedies said.
The company also intends to out-license Vancoplus to major pharmaceutical players, it added.
Commenting on the development, Manu Chaudhary, Venus Remedies' Joint Managing Director and director for Research, said: "With this patent grant for Vancoplus from Japan, which has a growing elderly population and high health expenditure with second largest per capita spending in the Asia Pacific region, the company is hopeful of gaining a fair share of the MRSA market."
Venus Remedies has already received patent for Vancoplus from US, South Africa, New Zealand and Ukraine.
While Google removed certain web pages, Facebook, Yahoo and Microsoft told the court that they have no role to play
New Delhi: Facebook India on Monday filed its compliance report before the Delhi court which had ordered it and 21 other websites to remove objectionable content from their websites, reports PTI.
Google India also told the court that it has removed certain web pages from the Internet on which objections were raised by the petitioners. In a statement, Google said: "This step is in accordance with Google's longstanding policy of responding to court orders."
Meanwhile, Facebook, Yahoo and Microsoft told the court that they have no role to play in the case and there is no cause of action against them in the matter.
Additional Civil Judge Praveen Singh also posed a query to the counsel appearing for petitioner Mufti Aijaz Arshad Qasmi, as to whether the blog service-providing companies can be made a party to the case for any content posted by the users on the blogs.
The Court, also asked Google as to why it was not coming up "properly" with a reply and brushed aside its contention that it had received the copy of the judgement and other documents related to case only on last Friday.
The court also asked the petitioner to supply the copies of all the documents relied upon, to all the opposite parties.
The court had on 20th December last year, in a ex-parte order issued summons to 22 social networking websites asking them to remove "anti-religious" or "anti-social" content in the form of photographs, videos or text which might hurt religious sentiments.
The court's order had come amid a raging controversy over monitoring the content on Internet and of those websites depending on user generated contents, which arose after Union Telecommunications Minister Kapil Sibal had asked the social networking websites to "screen" the contents.
The websites, which have been asked to remove objectionable contents, include Facebook India, Facebook, Google India Pvt Ltd, Google Orkut, Youtube, Blogspot, Microsoft India Pvt Ltd, Microsoft, Zombie Time, Exboii, Boardreader, IMC India, My Lot, Shyni Blog and Topix.
Sahara was paying Rs3.34 crore per Test match, one-day international and Twenty20 International under the new terms of its deal worth Rs532 crore, to the BCCI.
New Delhi: Jolted after Sahara pulled out as sponsor of the Indian cricket team and owner of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Pune Warriors, the Board Of Control For Cricket In India (BCCI) is desperately trying to make up with the corporate giant and said it "doesn't want to decide anything in haste", reports PTI.
Two days after Sahara snapped its 11-year-old association with Indian cricket, the BCCI said it is "open for dialogue" with the company to sort out the issue.
"We are open to discussions, open for dialogue because they have been our partner for 11 years. We don't want anything to be decided in haste," BCCI vice-president and IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla said.
Sahara decided to part ways with the BCCI on Saturday morning, an hour before the IPL 2012 auction - which went ahead without any representation from Pune Warriors.
The group complained that the BCCI did not give due consideration to its genuine grievances with regards to players and number of matches in the IPL.
Sahara's pullout means the fate of Pune Warriors players also remains uncertain and in case they don't get a new franchise, they may not be able to play at all.
But Mr Shukla seemed optimistic about resolving the matter and said Pune Warriors is still associated with IPL.
"So far they [Sahara Pune Warriors] are still an IPL franchise unless we get anything in writing from them. We are extremely positive," the IPL chief maintained.
Sahara had signed a renewed sponsorship agreement with the BCCI on 1 July 2010 till 31 December 2013 and was paying Rs3.34 crore per Test match, one-day international and Twenty20 International under the new terms. The deal is said to be worth Rs532 crore.
Sahara entered the IPL bandwagon last year by buying Pune Warriors for Rs1702 crore, making it the costliest franchise in the Twenty20 event.
The BCCI stands to lose Rs2,234 crore if Sahara sticks to its stand. However, the Board can find another sponsor to neutralise the losses.