Citizens' Issues
Tarun Tejpal charged with rape, sexual harassment

The charge sheet notes that there are incriminating emails in this regard containing Tejpal's apology, email letters to the victim regarding rape, sexual harassment, and outraging her modesty

Tehelka founder and former editor Tarun Tejpal on Monday was charged by Goa police with rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of a woman journalist in a lift of a five-star hotel at Panaji in November 2013.

 

If proven guilty, Tejpal can be sentenced for more than seven years of imprisonment on these charges.

 

The 2,684-page charge sheet filed before Chief Judicial Magistrate Anuja Prabhudesai has examined 152 witnesses including the victim, staff of Tehelka magazine and the investigating officer in the case.

 

The charge sheet mentions that there are enough statements on record to prove that Tejpal has admitted the commission of rape, sexual harassment and outraging the modesty of the victim.

 

Investigating officer Sunita Sawant has charged Tejpal under sections 354, 354-A (sexual harassment), 341 and 342 (wrongful restrain), 376 (rape), 376(2)(f) and 376 (2)(k) (takes advantage of his official position and commits rape on a woman in his custody).

 

The investigating officer has noted that there are incriminating emails in this regard containing his apology, email letters to the victim regarding rape, sexual harassment, and outraging her modesty which were retrieved at his instance.

 

As per the complaint, the victim was reportedly sexually assaulted by Tejpal on 7th November and the offence was repeated on 8th November.

 

Goa Police has claimed in the charge sheet that there is sufficient evidence available in the form of documents and statements on record to show that Tejpal had been evading police after the crime.

 

Tejpal was arrested on 30th November last year and has since been lodged in Sada sub jail in Vasco town.

User

COMMENTS

Steven boyd

3 years ago

TARUN TEJPAL
LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME

Look! This is a man who has suffered enough. 81 days in a filthy prison for
a 60 second grope is punishment enough. He may be accused of rape, but it could
be just an aggressive hug. He said it was a misunderstanding of the situation
in his e mail, but there were no ‘specifics’ that he confessed to.

But his detractors have found him guilty of rape even before a trial.

Its one young woman’s word against his, (there is no medical or forensic
evidence) that’s all the evidence we have of rape.

Finger penetration is the woman’s version. Tejpal did not admit to that in his
e mail.

The Goa police charge sheet says it was virginal penetration with Tejpal’s
tongue.

But if the women was resisting, in my
opinion, it would be quite difficult to.

(a) Remove women’s clothes

(b) Penetrate with tongue.

(c) All this in sixty seconds, did the woman knee his face or move her hips
away?

(d) To hold a resisting young woman’s, strong hips steady, while bending down,
and penetrating with tongue is impossible.

Now for all we know, it could have been just be a fond kiss and the woman
making the rest up, in a self delusional kind of way.

Tejpal says “I apologise unconditionally
for the shameful lapse of judgement that led me to attempt a sexual liaison
with you on two”. That is the only admission.

Every man is entitled to his previous good name to be
taken to consideration; he should have got bail on the first day. If it proved
to be just a grope Tejpal has now served his sentence already ten times over in
prison.

He will not intimidate the victim if he gets bail, as alleged by Police, the
victim is a very resourceful woman, she has now got herself a job paying one
lakh a month and is writing a book about rape funded by a large organization.
It is alleged that she makes sure, on meeting strangers at parties, they are
made aware, about her famous rape case.

Meanwhile Tejpals reputation is destroyed something which had great value to
his business. A famous magazine that gave a vital service to the nation,
defended the most vulnerable and was a means of livelihood for dozen of staff
and their dependent families, is down the gutter, all for a ‘fondling’ for a
few seconds of a Woman by her boss, …. this is all we know from the evidence
presented on the charge sheet..

Tejpal atoned via an e mail & offered to absent himself for six months from
the magazine. He was shamed before his employees. I think this was enough
blood, he has given more than his pound of flesh for the sixty seconds of
inappropriate behavior. what do the feminists want, a hanging?

Enough is Enough. It begins to disgust ! The whole sordid case.

This is a lynching no less, Tejpal’s enemies getting the boot into a fallen
man.

The sisterhood of scorned feminist ‘she dogs’ baying for blood, to avenge all
the wrongs inflicted by the Indian man, to be paid by this one TarunTejpal, who
is to be torn to pieces, and buried alive, entombed in a cell. This feeding
frenzy of cruelty must stop!! Public opinion must halt this crucifixion of an
Innocent!!!

There is talk of a ten year prison sentence if found guilty! Ludicrous, absurd,
but there is real danger that will be his sentence, given the new law on rape,
if the feminist man haters, aided and abetted by gleefully, corrupt politicians
get their way.

Come on lets keep things in proportion else it will all backfire, on the
feminists.

Tejpal incriminated himself by writing in good faith an e mail of apology and
genuine remorse. He was tried already and the e mail was a condition of his
punishment. With confession obtained this way from Tejpal, the Victim is now
going to court to seek equity with unclean hands. It is the victim who should
now ensure that Tejpal be acquitted as the victim has already had the benefit
of seeing Tejapl tried, to use his (plea bargain) e mail as confession in the
first trial as evidence in the second is unjust.

Well, from now on no man will incriminate himself by saying sorry for any
assault, as it could be used later to incriminate him. Tejpal was entrapped
into apologizing to this woman via e mail; a lesser man would have denied
everything and sacked the woman.

Tejpal has become a victim in the eyes of all good men. Julian Assange the wiki
leaks founder is another good man entrapped by strong rape laws

Defence forces get ‘one rank, one pension’, finally

The long standing demand for the ‘one rank, one pension’ or OROP decision, is likely to benefit around 30 lakh defence pensioners. Again a Rahul Gandhi effect?

The long-standing demand of ex-servicemen for ‘one rank, one pension’ (OROP) was accepted by the Indian government on Monday with Finance Minister P Chidambaram making an announcement in this regard in the Interim Budget.

 

Presenting the Interim Budget, Chidambaram said the government would transfer Rs500 crore to the defence pension account for implementing the OROP scheme.

 

The decision, likely to benefit around 30 lakh defence pensioners, will come into effect from 2014-2015.

 

Chidambaram said, the two governments, both headed by Dr Manmohan Singh, made changes in the pension rules for defence services on three occasions but some gaps remained in the ranks of ‘Sepoy’ and ‘Naik’ among non-officers and ‘Major’ and above among officers.

 

“We need a young fighting force, we need young jawans and we need young officers. We also need to take care of those who served in the defence forces only for a limited numbers of years. The Government has therefore decided to walk the last mile and closed the gap for all retirees in all ranks,” he said.

 

Last week, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi had backed the demand and assured a delegation of ex-servicemen that he will make all efforts to ensure it is met at the earliest.

 

“I am on your side. I understand your concerns. You give your life for the country, I will do all that I can to see that your demands are met,” Gandhi had told a gathering of 1,000-odd ex-servicemen during an interaction on 14th February.
 

Delegations of ex-servicemen from Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab had met Gandhi.

 

Ex-servicemen and families of serving defence personnel are an electorally important vote bank, especially in these States.

 

One rank, one pension will ensure that soldiers of the same rank and the same length of service receive the same pension, irrespective of their retirement date.

 

The OROP issue has been heating up for a long time. Earlier, in 2012, over 23 lakh ex-servicemen—the most disciplined and law-abiding class in our society—had to publicly protest and return their medals, with petitions signed in blood, to draw the government’s attention.

User

COMMENTS

Tilak Raj Rattan

2 years ago

i would like to know the implementation date of commencement of one rank one pension???

Tilak Raj Rattan

2 years ago

what is the latest decision of the central government on the issue one rank one pension?...is it applicable or not???

parthasarathy

3 years ago

Dear Soldiers

Hope that one rank one pension which to commence from 1st of April 2014 due to elections the new pension have not been credited into pensioners account is what the congress will be now stating in the election campaign. at least now let not be the victims to getting our self as scape goats and fall into the pray of congress government.

REPLY

shan

In Reply to parthasarathy 3 years ago

Hi Partha
Can we x soldiers can hope regarding one rank one pension
It is true that the new orop is not yet credited
regards
shan
DXB

Beniwal

3 years ago

Fooling the Public in general and Faujis in particular. your posting is helping in this fooling. There is nothing done for and towards OROP except the use of words One Rank One Pension. RaGa and his chelas have no clue about OROP. 500 cr is not even 1% of required OROP amount. Faujis will not Vote for Congress.

REPLY

shan

In Reply to Beniwal 3 years ago

Hi Beniwal
It is very much interesting, to see your comment. If so as stated,
even 500 cr is not 1 percent of the amount required for OROP,then what are all these? only election gimmicks? Hope, not so.
Mr Beniwal, can u eloborate the subject
regards
Shankaran
DXB






shan

3 years ago

Bravo!!
Hats off to the decision makers!!
shankaran
DXB

JAY BHATTACHARJEE

3 years ago

It is contemptible that the present government has finally accepted the totally legitimate demand of our country's defenders and protectors, after making them run through a vicious obstacle race. Let us not forget the heart-rending spectacle of the armed forces veterans returning their battle honours to the government and the President when they were denied the One-Rank-One-Pension benefits for decades.

The only reason why the UPA bunch has taken this decision now is the groundswell of anger and mistrust that service personnel have shown to the current rulers. Fearing the loss of this substantial vote-bank, the gandhitopiwallahs are now grandstanding about their decision. They are an utterly shameless and wretched lot.

Interim Budget: Cars, SUVs, two-wheelers to cost less on excise duty cut

Excise duty for small cars, scooters, motorcycles and commercial vehicles will come down to 8% from 12% while SUVs will attract excise duty of 24% as against 30% earlier

Prices of automobiles, including cars, sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and two-wheelers, are set to come down with Finance Minister P Chidambaram announcing a reduction in excise duty in the Interim Budget 2014.

 

“To give relief to the automobile industry, which is registering unprecedented negative growth, I propose to reduce excise duty,” Chidambaram said.

 

Excise duty for small cars, scooters, motorcycles and commercial vehicles will come down to 8% from 12% earlier. SUVs will attract excise duty of 24% as against 30% earlier.

 

Excise duty on large cars will now be 24% compared with 27% earlier, while the duty on mid-sized cars will go down to 20% from 24% previously.

 

The excise duty cut will be applicable up to 20 June 2014.

 

Annual car sales in India declined for the first time in 11 years in 2013, posting a 9.59% dip, as the auto industry reeled under a prolonged demand slump due to the economic slowdown.

 

According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), domestic car sales last year fell to 18.07 lakh units from 19.98 lakh units in the previous year.

 

The slump in sales continued in January as car sales fell for the fourth straight month with a decline of 7.59% to 1.60 lakh units from a year earlier.

User

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)