Suzlon consolidated net loss widens Rs1,154.5 crore in Q3
Consolidated total income dropped 19.6% to Rs4,047.7 crore from Rs5,033.5 crore during the same period
Suzlon Energy, one of the largest wind turbine suppliers, reported a consolidated net loss of Rs1,154.5 crore in the third quarter of FY13, a four-fold increase compared to a loss of Rs286.5 crore in a year ago period due to lower total income.
Consolidated total income dropped 19.6% to Rs4,047.7 crore from Rs5,033.5 crore during the same period.
The wind turbine maker posted a consolidated forex loss at Rs47 crore during the quarter as against loss of Rs34.3 crore in the corresponding quarter of last fiscal.
Outstanding order book of the company stood at Rs41,546 crore (approximately 5.7 GW) as on 13 February 2013. The order intake for the October-December quarter stood at Rs8,097 crore (1,104 MW).
The Suzlon group secured firm order wins of approximately 2,631 MW year-to-date FY13 despite a very challenging operational environment.
Meanwhile, the company has decided to close its rotor blade and control panel manufacturing units at the Puducherry (Pondicherry) manufacturing facility.
“The decision follows on account of the challenges faced in industrial relations at the manufacturing facility coupled with logistical issues faced by the facility in handling multi-MW wind turbine components of increasing size and the current financial position of the company,” Suzlon said.
More in Moneylife
11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield +4913 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Cracking down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part II
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Sensex, Nifty in a massive rally: Friday closing report
- Sensex, Nifty close at all time high on shrinking CAD: Thursday closing report
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls