Survey: Living on Rs35
“The average per capita daily expenditure comes to about Rs35 in rural and Rs66 in urban India. About 60% of the population lives with these expenditures or less in rural and urban areas,” said J Dash, director general of National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO) in his preface to a report.
According to the 66th round of National Sample Survey (NSS), carried out between July 2009 and June 2010, the all-India average monthly per capita consumer expenditure (MPCE) in rural areas was Rs1,054 and urban areas Rs1,984. The survey also pointed out that 10% of the population at the lowest ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield +4803 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
Sothat TA DA and additional PERKS canbe claimed. Vaibhav Dhoka
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Cracking down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part II
- Sensex, Nifty in a massive rally: Friday closing report
- Sensex, Nifty close at all time high on shrinking CAD: Thursday closing report
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls