Sugar indulgence is becoming a common health issue in urban societies, thanks to easy access to sugary foods in the form of soft drinks, caramels, chocolates, artificial sweets and canned desserts. Often, people, who wish to give up sugar, do nothing more than hope ‘to do something about it’ and end up binging on sweets. The way to control sugar is by reducing the craving for sweets, substituting artificial sugars with natural sugars and, ultimately, stopping the intake of all forms of unhealthy sugars. Here are a few steps that you can begin with.
1. Eat at least three good meals per day. Eating balanced meals at regular intervals throughout the day will reduce the natural craving for sugar. Don’t be afraid to eat good-quality fat at every meal, at least in the beginning. Fats slow down the entry of sugar into the bloodstream and prevent those morning and afternoon urges for snacking between meals. It is advisable to begin a healthy diet regimen with protein-rich food (vegetables, legumes, properly prepared whole grains or...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +5529 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls