Shree Ganesh Jewellery invests Rs80 crore in solar projects
The jewellery company is venturing into renewable energy market by buying majority stake in two companies engaged in solar power
Kolkata: Shree Ganesh Jewellery House Ltd (SGJHL) has invested nearly Rs80 crore in solar business by buying 55% stake each in two companies, marking its foray into renewable energy space, reports PTI.
"We have acquired 55% in Alex Astral Power Ltd which has 25-MW solar power project in Gujarat and Alex Spectrum Radiation Ltd in Rajasthan with a total investment of nearly Rs80 crore," SGJHL chairman Nilesh Parekh said here. Both companies are now its 55% subsidiaries.
Mr Parekh said several investors had shown interest in investing in the Alex Group subsidiaries, which had embarked on a massive 500 MW solar power project target in the next three years at an investment of Rs5,000 crore.
He said the total investment in the Gujarat solar project was Rs400 crore and implemented by Alex Astral Power Ltd.
"This project will generate Rs60 crore revenue and so will not require SGJHL's funding for expansion in solar projects," Parekh said.
Shree Ganesh Jewellery House Limited completed its initial public offering (IPO) in March, 2010. The company is engaged in the manufacturing of hand-crafted gold jewellery.
SGJHL was trading 1.4% higher at Rs79.15 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange while the benchmark Sensex was down 1.4% at 17,094.
More in Moneylife
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
How Safe Is Your Building
- “The suit and the NSE’s conduct seem to me attempts at deflection and evasion”
- FTII strike seems government-sponsored, based on RTI documents
- The pains of MF redemption when your child becomes major
- Bombay HC asks NSE to pay Rs50 lakh as cost, donation in Moneylife case
- Who killed 14 rail passengers in Mumbai on Sunday?
- Big Fines by SEBI, But No Funds
- Bad Loans Increase Even as RBI Talks Tough
- IDBI Bank: Employees, officers oppose proposed move of privatisation
- Why is Mumbai-Pune Expressway toll collection data a ‘secret’?
- Doctors are a step ahead of Yama says Prof Dr BM Hegde
- Bhushan Steel’s Dubious Restructuring
- Mudra Bank's refinance scheme is a non-starter says Religare
Grab a Discount Coupon here
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls