Screening & Diagnostic Tests: Don't fall for the sales push
Preventive healthcare packages are targeted at everyone right from age two. While diagnostic tests are necessary to find what made you unhealthy, screening is often unnecessary and harmful. Raj Pradhan collates advice from sensible doctors
Abhijit Patil’s (name changed) toddler son suffered from frequent recurrence of high fever. The recommended blood tests for malaria, typhoid and jaundice did not lead to a diagnosis. This led to additional tests like chest X-ray, blood culture and TB test at the Hinduja Hospital in Mumbai. A second opinion with another paediatrician, who...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +5529 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls