SBI launches 'Smart Payout' prepaid card for unbanked population
SBI would issue the State Bank Smart Payout Cards to blue collar employees, workers, contract labourers and its existing customers
State Bank of India (SBI), the county's largest lender, has launched “State Bank Smart Payout Card”, a prepaid card with a monthly cap of Rs25,000 for blue-collar employees, workers, contract labourers and as an add-on card for existing account holders on the VISA network.
“State Bank Smart Payout Card can be used for crediting salaries/wages and support funds, cash withdrawals from any bank ATM and transactions at point of sale (PoS) and e-Commerce transactions,” the lender said in a release.
Prepaid cards are beneficial to customers as there is no need to open bank account. Customer’s cash is safe in a card as it is protected by PIN which can be used anywhere in India to buy any goods and services and the card can easily be blocked and replaced if lost, damaged or stolen, SBI said.
More in Moneylife
The Pain of a Financial Consumer +1633 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
CSR Reporting, legal and fiscal due diligence by NGOs
- ATM Charges: Madras HC issues notices to RBI, IBA
- Insider trading in ING Vysya stock?
- Can hospitals be more transparent by showing patient survival data?
- Will 'Jeevan Praman' really help ease life for pensioners?
- Moneylife Foundation felicitates Constable Azim Shaikh for preventing a railway catastrophe
- Kotak Mahindra Bank acquires ING Vysya Bank
- QNet: EOW tightens rope around agents, meeting places
- Stop Punishing Investors for the actions of Rogue Promoters
- Open Letter to the new Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- ‘Any Branch Banking' - For whose benefit?
- How banks helped Modi's new minister get rich while shareholders got poor
- ATM Charges: When RBI acts as ‘toothless’ tiger
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls