SBI launches 'Smart Payout' prepaid card for unbanked population
SBI would issue the State Bank Smart Payout Cards to blue collar employees, workers, contract labourers and its existing customers
State Bank of India (SBI), the county's largest lender, has launched “State Bank Smart Payout Card”, a prepaid card with a monthly cap of Rs25,000 for blue-collar employees, workers, contract labourers and as an add-on card for existing account holders on the VISA network.
“State Bank Smart Payout Card can be used for crediting salaries/wages and support funds, cash withdrawals from any bank ATM and transactions at point of sale (PoS) and e-Commerce transactions,” the lender said in a release.
Prepaid cards are beneficial to customers as there is no need to open bank account. Customer’s cash is safe in a card as it is protected by PIN which can be used anywhere in India to buy any goods and services and the card can easily be blocked and replaced if lost, damaged or stolen, SBI said.
More in Moneylife
Medha Patkar quits AAP +569 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Did you know LPG consumers get an insurance coverage?
- Harassment of taxpayers: CBDT promises action as PM Modi expresses dissatisfaction
- Over 90% of equity mutual fund schemes have an allocation of above 90% to equity
- Did Angelina Jolie just boost the growth of $1.72 trillion cancer industry?
- Hold on to Your House Carefully; You May Lose It
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A of IT Act
- Corporate Espionage and Worse: All Too Common
- QNet: EOW arrests V-Elite leaders Sandeep Kalra and Hitesh Miglani
- History Will Not Be Kind to Dr Manmohan Singh
- The Nirbhaya Documentary - as always, follow the money
- Are fund houses using direct plans to benefit themselves?
- Dena Bank refuses to vacate property; harasses owners
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls