ReGen Powertech wins wind turbine projects worth Rs1800 crore
Chennai-based ReGen also announced launch of its 1.5MW wind turbine that is suitable for low and medium wind speed sites
Chennai: Wind turbine manufacturer ReGen Powertech has received new projects worth Rs1,800 crore to be installed with third generation new turbine, reports PTI.
The projects include Tamil Nadu based Mytrah Energy India's 67 WEC-100.5MW project, NSL Windfarm's (Maharashtra) 50WEC-75 MW project, Hetero Windpower's (Andhra Pradesh) project for 36WEC-54MW and Renew Windpower's (Maharashtra) 33 WEC-49.5MW project, the company said.
Meanwhile, the Chennai-based ReGen announced the launch of 1.5MW wind turbine, suitable for low and medium wind speed sites, during the ongoing Wind Power India conference, the company said in a statement.
The new third generation turbine was developed in cooperation with technology partner - Vensys Energy AG, Germany.
"V-87 is an evolution of ReGen's proven 1.5MW technology platform and the order win of 279MW worth Rs 1,800 crore during pre-launch of V-87 is a testament to our customer's confidence.." ReGen Powertech, Managing Director, Madhusudan Khemka said.
He said ReGen is offering V-87 with tower heights of 85 metres and combined with all new third generation rotor, it enables it to increase annual energy production by 15%.
V-87 turbine has inbuilt low voltage right through (LVRT) which leads to better compliance with grid regulation.
A new blade design with rotor diameter of 87 meter offers a larger swept area enabling greater energy capture and power production from low to medium wind speeds, the statement added.
More in Moneylife
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
CSR Reporting, legal and fiscal due diligence by NGOs
- ATM Charges: Madras HC issues notices to RBI, IBA
- Insider trading in ING Vysya stock?
- Moneylife Foundation felicitates Constable Azim Shaikh for preventing a railway catastrophe
- The Pain of a Financial Consumer
- Amarchand & Mangaldas: Understanding the Shardul versus Cyril Shroff battle
- ED books officials from Dena Bank, OBC, BoI, Vijaya Bank, UCO
- QNet: EOW tightens rope around agents, meeting places
- Open Letter to the new Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- ‘Any Branch Banking' - For whose benefit?
- How banks helped Modi's new minister get rich while shareholders got poor
- ATM Charges: When RBI acts as ‘toothless’ tiger
- With SBI taking lead, ‘Any time banking’ too is going for a toss
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls