Citizens' Issues
Railways launch take-away bedrolls
New Delhi : Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched a personalised take-away bedrolls scheme, where passengers can take away bedrolls home after their journey.
 
"Initially, the supply would be at Chennai Central Railway Station and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station of Southern Railway. Later, this scheme will be extended to other stations also in the country in phases," an official statement said on Monday.
 
Launched in Chennai's East Tambaram Railway Colony, the scheme comes in two types.
 
One offers a bedroll kit packed in a non-woven fabric bag consisting of one pillow and two cotton bedsheets at Rs.140 The other costing Rs.110 offers a single blanket in a non-woven bag. Both types are inclusive of all taxes.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

COMMENTS

Narendra Doshi

10 months ago

Out of the box thought implemented for a trial.
Well done, Mr. Minister, Prabhuji.

Kanpur Metro rail project to be launched by March
Lucknow : The Metro rail project in Kanpur, the largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, would be launched by March while Rs.200 crore has been provided from the Infrastructure Development Fund for the Lucknow Metro rail, an official said on Monday.
 
During a meeting here to review the project, Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan directed state government departments and officials concerned to ensure that all necessary approvals were taken before the state cabinet's next meeting scheduled for February 10, the official said.
 
Ranjan also asked the officials to ensure necessary action for finalising the detailed project reports on metro rails for Varanasi and Agra within 10 days. 
 
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Managing Director Kumar Keshav presented a progress report on works scheduled to be completed by December 2016 on the project.
 
Keshav said civil work of two stations and two-km viaduct had been completed as per the set targets whereas work on four stations and a five-km viaduct was targeted to be complete by March 2016. He said all works were going on as per time-schedule. 
 
The last date for submission of bids for the construction of underground metro route from Charbagh to K.D. Singh Babu stadium here is February 11.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

26/11 attacks planned one year in advance, reveals Headley
Mumbai : Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist-turned-approver David Coleman Headley revealed in a Special Court that the dastardly 26/11 attacks in Mumbai was planned out over a year in advance by various groups and agencies of Pakistan, here on Tuesday.
 
Continuing his deposition via videoconferencing before Special Judge G. A. Sanap for the second consecutive day from a US jail, Headley said that in 2006, ISI official Major Pasha and LeT functionary Sajid Mir and others met to discuss plans to set up a business for (him) Headley in Mumbai.
 
Later, in November 2007, he met LeT top leaders when the proposed terror attacks on Mumbai were planned in Muzaffarabad in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, he told Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
 
This meeting came in the wake of Headley's recce trips to Mumbai since the previous year (2006) when he made video recordings of various locations, including the iconic Hotel Taj Mahal Palace, and they studied the recordings of the hotel very carefully, especially the entry-exit routes.
 
In a chilling disclosure, Headley said the plan was to attack the hotel opposite Gateway of India when a major military conference was scheduled to be held there.
 
Later, when the attacks were executed with precision, it was mainly attributed to the pictures and videos Headley had clicked during his recce trips to the city.
 
The 56-year old Headley said that LeT chief Hafez Sayeed - whom he described as "the spiritual head" of the extremist organisation - and its armed wing head Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi used to regularly consult the Pakistan Army and its Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) on various issues.
 
Headley today identified photos of Lakhvi and Major Pasha before Special Judge Sanap and threw more light on Pakistan's links with the 26/11 terror attacks which killed 166 persons.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)