Pyramid schemes: Daylight robbery
Pyramid marketing companies are looting the public easily, while the government watches. Many countries have banned them outright
On any given day, hundreds of pyramid marketing schemes are cashing in on the greed, ignorance and poor financial literacy of millions of people to rob them of their hard-earned savings. In the absence of proper legislation, regulation or registration requirements, these schemes are able to operate quietly and fly below the radar to build up unsustainable pyramids, project a credible business model and payment structure and a cult-like environment to keep people hooked. They come into public gaze only when ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
What Really Happened at United Bank of India? +8080 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- The UBI Saga Exposes Many Warts
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- FMP is unclear to investors: Our Online Survey Results
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- Scam-tainted officers gunning for Dr Ashok Khemka?
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls