Projects in Limbo: Singur to Salboni
Now Sajjan Jindal is facing the heat
Since she took over as the chief minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee has been giving a tough time to the industrialists who were allotted land by the erstwhile Left Front government for their ‘dream’ projects. The passing of the Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Act in June has triggered the alarm for industrialists. While the Tatas are battling it out in at the Calcutta High Court, Jindal Steel Works (JSW) is frantically trying to save its greenfield project in Salboni.
Ms Banerjee has hauled up JSW twice, seeking an explanation ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield +4767 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
Sothat TA DA and additional PERKS canbe claimed. Vaibhav Dhoka
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Cracking down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part II
- Sensex, Nifty in a massive rally: Friday closing report
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls