“Obama re-election not best news for IT outsourcing”
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally
Bangalore: The re-election of US President Barack Obama is not the best news for IT outsourcing industry, reports PTI quoting Phaneesh Murthy, CEO of iGATE.
“Not the best news for India or the IT outsourcing industry. However, we need to understand how much of the election rhetoric continues into 2013 and that will determine the full implications to us,” Mr Murthy said.
“The concern over the deficit and jobs will continue (in the US) and in my mind, will force the sluggishness to remain in the economy,” he said.
Obama won a second term in office overcoming a stiff initial challenge from his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally.
The US and Europe account for over 80% of revenues of the Indian IT industry.
More in Moneylife
PK's Romp through India's Financial Sector +6683 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Safe And Smart Financial Advice For Students
- QNet: MPID Court rejects anticipatory bail applications of five including Michael Ferreira, Suresh Thimiri
- Liquidate Helios & Matheson
- The other side of intolerance
- Punjab police probes 'sexual exploitation' against hockey skipper Sardar Singh
- Now, Good Samaritans can help victims without the worry of harassment
- Big data help banks but benefits should be passed on to customers as well
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls