“Obama re-election not best news for IT outsourcing”
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally
Bangalore: The re-election of US President Barack Obama is not the best news for IT outsourcing industry, reports PTI quoting Phaneesh Murthy, CEO of iGATE.
“Not the best news for India or the IT outsourcing industry. However, we need to understand how much of the election rhetoric continues into 2013 and that will determine the full implications to us,” Mr Murthy said.
“The concern over the deficit and jobs will continue (in the US) and in my mind, will force the sluggishness to remain in the economy,” he said.
Obama won a second term in office overcoming a stiff initial challenge from his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally.
The US and Europe account for over 80% of revenues of the Indian IT industry.
More in Moneylife
Tax Tentacles – 6: Expanding the Tax Net +950 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Bought a home? Great! But don’t forget to deduct TDS
- Tax Tentacles – 4: Redefining What to Tax
- No Achche Din for PSU Shareholders
- Aruna Shanbaug: The fighter-survivor helped over 42 years by KEM staff
- Nifty, Bank Nifty, Sensex still on an uptrend – Wednesday closing report
- Hardly any foreign investment into India: China daily
- Who Does the Modi Sarkar Really Represent?
- Black Money Bill not sufficient to eliminate the problem, says Dr Subramanian Swamy
- Dispense with TDS certificates and save tax payers from harassment!
- SEBI's Lip Service on Governance
- Is your property insured for a Nepal-like earthquake?
- Why no Chief CIC in Modi Raj?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls