“Obama re-election not best news for IT outsourcing”
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally
Bangalore: The re-election of US President Barack Obama is not the best news for IT outsourcing industry, reports PTI quoting Phaneesh Murthy, CEO of iGATE.
“Not the best news for India or the IT outsourcing industry. However, we need to understand how much of the election rhetoric continues into 2013 and that will determine the full implications to us,” Mr Murthy said.
“The concern over the deficit and jobs will continue (in the US) and in my mind, will force the sluggishness to remain in the economy,” he said.
Obama won a second term in office overcoming a stiff initial challenge from his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally.
The US and Europe account for over 80% of revenues of the Indian IT industry.
More in Moneylife
How Aadhaar linkage can destroy banks +13009 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Can You depend on mainstream media to report economic scams?
- Sloppy research by Fareed Zakaria & Morgan Stanley’s Ruchir Sharma?
- Headless & directionless Govt. Banks: No priority for Modi Sarkar?
- VIP culture is built on no rules and dubious practices
- Vijay Mallya summoned by Bulandshahr Court for not paying pilot's dues
- India has potential to add 2,000MW through solar energy each day!
- 11 Problems with the New Consumer Protection Act
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls