“Obama re-election not best news for IT outsourcing”
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally
Bangalore: The re-election of US President Barack Obama is not the best news for IT outsourcing industry, reports PTI quoting Phaneesh Murthy, CEO of iGATE.
“Not the best news for India or the IT outsourcing industry. However, we need to understand how much of the election rhetoric continues into 2013 and that will determine the full implications to us,” Mr Murthy said.
“The concern over the deficit and jobs will continue (in the US) and in my mind, will force the sluggishness to remain in the economy,” he said.
Obama won a second term in office overcoming a stiff initial challenge from his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Obama in this presidential elections campaign had criticised outsourcing of jobs to countries like India saying that US needs to create jobs locally.
The US and Europe account for over 80% of revenues of the Indian IT industry.
More in Moneylife
Sensex down 5.94%; What to expect? +3824 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
- Filing Income Tax Returns made easy for salaried people
- Mad about Mid-caps
- Will IRDAI’s advertisements norms reduce insurance mis-selling?
- Huge inflow of illegal money is reason for political parties ducking RTI: Anna Hazare
- FIIs are selling aggressively. Should you buy?
- What Sets the New Honda Jazz Apart?
- Has Modi, the Emperor, Really Lost His Shine?
- The biggest threat to 'acche din': Raghuram Rajan
- Can we follow Indian numbering system for simplicity and good order?
- PMO, President Secretariat treat OROP petitions and letters as a routine matter
- IRDAI finds Sahara Life promoters 'fit and proper'
- Double Standards over Black Money
Grab a Discount Coupon here
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls