Citizens' Issues
Now, HSC failures will not lose academic year in Maharashtra
Mumbai : In a major progressive policy, the Maharashtra government has decided to permit failures in HSC (Class XII) exams to reappear in July so that they don't lose a valuable academic year, Education Minister Vinod Tawde said here on Monday.
 
Until now, such students were permitted to take the exams only in October and the results were declared by December, effectively compelling them to take up further studies only after they had lost an academic year.
 
"The HSC exams are usually held in February-March every year and the re-examinations for the unsuccessful candidates are taken around September-October. However, after they clear the re-exams, they cannot get admission to any college or professional courses mid-way in the academic year," Tawde said.
 
The new policy will ensure that such students don't forfeit an academic year and if they pass the re-exam, they can continue their further studies without a break, the minister added.
 
In 2015, a similar policy was implemented for SSC (Class X) failures which has proved to be a boon for the student community, explained an official, adding that Maharashtra was the first state in the country to implement this policy.
 
The regular SSC exams were conducted in March and the re-exams for the failures were held in July-August and the results were declared within three weeks in which 57,517 students were declared successful.
 
This ensured that they could continued their junior college or other vocational and professional courses without a gap and facilitated their social inclusion and prevented a blot on their educational record.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

10 Pune collegians drown in Arabian Sea near Mumbai
Raigad (Maharashtra) : At least 10 college students, including three girls, have drowned in the Arabian Sea at Murud Beach in Raigad district, around 150 km south of Mumbai, police said here on Monday.
 
The students were part of a group of around 130 from Pune's A. Inamdar College and had come to the picturesque Murud beach for a picnic, Superintendent of Police Suvez Haque said.
 
So far, of an estimated 20-22 students who had gone into the sea, four girls have been rescued till late afternoon and a search continues for the others.
 
College Principal P.A. Inamdar told mediapersons that the senior students, studying computer science, had gone on a college-sponsored annual picnic accompanied by five staff members and other support staff.
 
"We are shocked by this tragedy. We are making all efforts to help the students and their families with the help of the local villagers and police. A team of our trustees has already left Pune for Raigad for rendering further assistance," Inamdar said.
 
According to available information, the number of casualties may go up as some more students were reporting missing in the water.
 
Rescue operations are underway in full swing by locals and the Raigad police with help from nearby police stations.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

21 arrested in China over $7.6 billion scam
Beijing : Chinese authorities have arrested 21 people involved in an online finance scheme in which some 900,000 investors lost about 50 billion yuan ($7.6 billion), the media reported on Monday.
 
The 21 worked for Ezubao, China's largest such online financing business. The platform was launched in July 2014 by Yucheng Group, which is based in Anhui province, the People's Daily reported. 
 
After noticing some abnormal activities on the platform at the end of 2015, the authorities launched an investigation into the company.
 
Ding Ning, chairman of Yucheng, and 20 others were arrested on January 14.
 
Police found that Yucheng and its affiliates did not have sufficient cash flow to operate normally as of December 5. Also, the company had transferred some of its capital and destroyed certain evidence, and some senior people in the company have fled.
 
Many investors were attracted by the high returns Ezubao promised. 
 
The platform offered six investment products, offering annual interest rates of between 9 and 14.6 percent, much higher than for similar products offered by banks.
 
Disclaimer: Information, facts or opinions expressed in this news article are presented as sourced from IANS and do not reflect views of Moneylife and hence Moneylife is not responsible or liable for the same. As a source and news provider, IANS is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article.

User

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)