Moneylife » NGO told to shut shelters over UID
NGO told to shut shelters over UID
Indo Global Social Service Society had been enrolling homeless people at its shelters for the Unique Identification number, on its address. The NGO sought clarity on the liability if any person thus enrolled got into some legal mess. It also took up the case in which a volunteer was questioned by the police following the death of a resident, on the basis of a survey slip found on the deceased. In a curt reply, the Delhi government said that the work would be undertaken by ‘Mission Convergence’, the mother NGO. Indo Global has since been told to close its...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Rot at the Top +7887 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
What all women need to know about money
- Rot at the Top
- Inspired by Modi speech? Now implement his appeals in your own life
- Here is what will come in the way of Modi to hit his infrastructure targets
- Triclosan is becoming the scourge of the month; Colgate defends it
- Why Kumar Birla’s rumoured exit from Living Media is no surprise
- 6 steps to move from cozy socialism and crony capitalism
- Rot at the Top
- TV18 and Network18 write off 75% of Reliance's original Rs1,700 crore investment?
- New TDS procedure just announced will mean more coercion and blackmail by I-T department
- SEBI asks Pancard Clubs to stop collecting money from investors
- Who is behind the CBI closure report in Satish Shetty murder case?
- How this new CBDT rule will create problems for your tax audit
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls