Live From A Lounge: Meals in the air
Meals on a plane were once a norm. Not anymore. A lowdown on how you can get one
For a long time, it was a given that flight tickets included a hot meal. This was true when the only airlines that existed in India were full-service carriers such as Indian Airlines (now Air India) and Jet Airways. However, times have changed and, with more passengers wanting to fly cheap, meals have been among the first ‘frills’ to be done away with.
Business class flyers in India will be given a meal, so that is one of the surest ways to get your hands on some food in the air. And yes,—a proper plated meal—with a smile from your cabin crew. Over the past few years, I’ve figured that this is one section of the plane which has had no cutbacks in the portions...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +5464 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls