Its Sunny not Sachin who buys stake in Mumbai Badminton team
A consortium including Sunil Gavaskar, Nagarjuna and Vankina Chamundeswaranath has bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai Masters
Contrary to media report about Sachin Tendulkar buying stake in Mumbai franchise of the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL), it was another cricket legend from Mumbai, Sunil Gavaskar, who has bought stake.
A consortioum of former cricket captain Gavaskar, Telugu actor Nagarjuna and former manager of the Indian cricket team and businessman Vankina Chamundeswaranath bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai franchise, called as Mumbai Masters.
In a release, Gavaskar said, “I am proud to be associated with badminton which I’ve always admired and passionately followed and played a bit as a fan. The sport has produced legends and recorded many milestones for India and I hope my association with the Indian Badminton League proves to be a worthy contribution to the great sport of badminton."
The $1 million league is set to launch on 14th August with some high-voltage action expected between PVP’s Hyderabad Hotshots and BOP Group’s Banga Beats.
A total of 90 matches will be played in the IBL which will feature six franchises, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Lucknow.
The IBL will be held in six cities from 14th to 31st August. The tournament will feature some of the top-50 players in the world and will be played under the Sudirman Cup format and televised LIVE to more than 100 countries.
More in Moneylife
How Aadhaar linkage can destroy banks +16373 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Can You depend on mainstream media to report economic scams?
- Bank Holidays: No need to panic
- Nifty, Sensex may enjoy a short bounce back– Thursday closing report
- IIPM restrained from offering MBA, BBA courses, publishing advertisement
- The ‘Made in India’ Problem
- Narendra Modi in US: Huge crowd waits for the Indian PM with excitement
- Maharashtra Polls: Open for all but lead for none
- How Aadhaar linkage can destroy banks
- Ranjit Sinha Is the Symptom
- Headless & directionless Govt. Banks: No priority for Modi Sarkar?
- Modi’s target to put India in the top 50 in ‘Ease-Of-Doing-Business’ a pipedream?
- Aadhaar: Is the Modi govt moving against the Supreme Court order?
- Linus Pauling: A great scientist and/or a crooked quack?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls