Its Sunny not Sachin who buys stake in Mumbai Badminton team
A consortium including Sunil Gavaskar, Nagarjuna and Vankina Chamundeswaranath has bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai Masters
Contrary to media report about Sachin Tendulkar buying stake in Mumbai franchise of the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL), it was another cricket legend from Mumbai, Sunil Gavaskar, who has bought stake.
A consortioum of former cricket captain Gavaskar, Telugu actor Nagarjuna and former manager of the Indian cricket team and businessman Vankina Chamundeswaranath bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai franchise, called as Mumbai Masters.
In a release, Gavaskar said, “I am proud to be associated with badminton which I’ve always admired and passionately followed and played a bit as a fan. The sport has produced legends and recorded many milestones for India and I hope my association with the Indian Badminton League proves to be a worthy contribution to the great sport of badminton."
The $1 million league is set to launch on 14th August with some high-voltage action expected between PVP’s Hyderabad Hotshots and BOP Group’s Banga Beats.
A total of 90 matches will be played in the IBL which will feature six franchises, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Lucknow.
The IBL will be held in six cities from 14th to 31st August. The tournament will feature some of the top-50 players in the world and will be played under the Sudirman Cup format and televised LIVE to more than 100 countries.
More in Moneylife
Will the new gold scheme succeed? +877 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Bought a home? Great! But don’t forget to deduct TDS
- Tax Tentacles – 4: Redefining What to Tax
- No Achche Din for PSU Shareholders
- Nifty, Bank Nifty, Sensex still on an uptrend – Wednesday closing report
- Aruna Shanbaug: The fighter-survivor helped over 42 years by KEM staff
- Hardly any foreign investment into India: China daily
- Who Does the Modi Sarkar Really Represent?
- Black Money Bill not sufficient to eliminate the problem, says Dr Subramanian Swamy
- Dispense with TDS certificates and save tax payers from harassment!
- SEBI's Lip Service on Governance
- Is your property insured for a Nepal-like earthquake?
- Why no Chief CIC in Modi Raj?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls