Its Sunny not Sachin who buys stake in Mumbai Badminton team
A consortium including Sunil Gavaskar, Nagarjuna and Vankina Chamundeswaranath has bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai Masters
Contrary to media report about Sachin Tendulkar buying stake in Mumbai franchise of the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL), it was another cricket legend from Mumbai, Sunil Gavaskar, who has bought stake.
A consortioum of former cricket captain Gavaskar, Telugu actor Nagarjuna and former manager of the Indian cricket team and businessman Vankina Chamundeswaranath bought stake in IBL’s Mumbai franchise, called as Mumbai Masters.
In a release, Gavaskar said, “I am proud to be associated with badminton which I’ve always admired and passionately followed and played a bit as a fan. The sport has produced legends and recorded many milestones for India and I hope my association with the Indian Badminton League proves to be a worthy contribution to the great sport of badminton."
The $1 million league is set to launch on 14th August with some high-voltage action expected between PVP’s Hyderabad Hotshots and BOP Group’s Banga Beats.
A total of 90 matches will be played in the IBL which will feature six franchises, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Lucknow.
The IBL will be held in six cities from 14th to 31st August. The tournament will feature some of the top-50 players in the world and will be played under the Sudirman Cup format and televised LIVE to more than 100 countries.
More in Moneylife
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Nifty, Sensex, Bank Nifty weak – Weekly closing report
- Tax-proof Investment in the Name of Spouse & Children
- Did you know LPG consumers get an insurance coverage?
- Over 90% of equity mutual fund schemes have an allocation of above 90% to equity
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A of IT Act
- Hooda government favoured Vadra in land deals: CAG
- Corporate Espionage and Worse: All Too Common
- QNet: EOW arrests V-Elite leaders Sandeep Kalra and Hitesh Miglani
- History Will Not Be Kind to Dr Manmohan Singh
- The Nirbhaya Documentary - as always, follow the money
- Are fund houses using direct plans to benefit themselves?
- Dena Bank refuses to vacate property; harasses owners
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls