Indian Railways: A Death Trap?
Another railway accident has happened. As former railway minister Dinesh Trivedi revealed in a Moneylife Foundation event, railway safety has been consistently ignored
On 22nd May, 24 people were killed and 35 injured at dawn when the Hampi Express collided with a stationary goods train in Andhra Pradesh. This is after two railway accidents on one day (20th March) had killed 15 people at Hatras (when the Mathura-Kasganj Express rammed into a van at an unmanned crossing) and, separately, the Aishbagh-Pilibhit passenger train rammed into a truck injuring several people.
The media dutifully reported the accidents but it was ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Banks Vs Depositors +4719 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation event on decoding the realty regulator
- Banks Vs Depositors
- FIR against godman Brahmrishi Kumarswami
- FIPB defers decision on Jet-Etihad deal; Telenor gets go-ahead
- WPI-based Inflation eases to 4.7% in May
- I-T dept issues Rs816 crore demand notice on Wipro
- Government rectifies IIP data to 2.2% within 24 hours
- Naxals attack Dhanbad-Patna train, kills RPF jawan
- SEBI seeks details of Infosys board meeting of 1st June
- Banks start charging money for SMS alerts, mobile banking
- Amway India chief, two others arrested under PCMCS Act. What about other MLMs?
- TDS on bank deposits: RBI’s advice to acknowledge 15-G/15-H is only half a step
- Corporate Governance: Convenience Rules with Infy Too
- Credit Sudhaar asking Rs16,000 a year for restoring 'credit'?
- Governance Deficit in Infosys?
- “Banks should not be selling third-party products,” RBI deputy governor
- Voila! A demand draft is bounced!
- Someone knew Narayana Murthy is coming back and traded on it
- Many messy reasons why people prefer gold. Can the FM remove them?
- Mango: Our Super Functional Food
- Suicides: Thousands of helpless men are victimized every year, says SIFF
- When Narayana Murthy walked the talk on Good Governance
- HDFC Bank pitches toxic product to NRIs
- A yield of 19.4%?
- Exclusive: Here is the Real Estate Bill, kept hidden from public
- Monitoring politically exposed persons: Need for a new approach by RBI
- Moneylife Impact: Now pay online for your passport; challan option also available
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls