India to be 3rd largest market life insurance market by 2015: BRICdata
The report states that the market size of Indian life insurance industry is expected to touch $111.9 billion in 2015 from $66.5 billion in 2011
According to a research report by BRICdata, India is expected to emerge as the third-largest market for life insurance in the world by 2015, only after China and Japan. At present, India stands 12th among the top markets for life insurance.
The report states that the market size of Indian life insurance industry is expected to touch $111.9 billion in 2015 from $66.5 billion in 2011, registering a CAGR (compounded annual growth rate) of 14.1%. Also, the number of policies sold is expected to increase to 85.21 million in 2015 from 53.23 million in 2010.
The report cities, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority’s proposal to increase the limit on foreign direct investment from 26% to 49% and improved efficiency of distribution channels in smaller cities as some of the major reasons that would enhance the growth of the industry.
The individual life insurance segment, which comprised 74.8% of the total Indian life insurance industry in 2010, is expected to grow to 79.3% in 2015 on increased investment in individual life insurance products such as term and pension plans.
The unit-linked insurance plans (ULIPs) are expected to be fastest growing product category at CAGR of 21.2% during 2015. The report states that unit-linked pension and annuity products will offer a minimum guaranteed return of 4.5% per annum on maturity.
More in Moneylife
Is the Modi govt helping Ponzi, MLMs become legal? +12044 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Insurance problems: How to get justice from Ombudsman in a cost-effective way
- Buy the best mobile this Diwali 2014
- SBI Chief Tries to Shift the Blame on NPAs
- How Moneylife Foundation's Free Credit Helpline is important to you
- Nifty, Sensex may try to rally – Weekly closing report
- Rajnath says possibility of terror attack cannot be ruled out
- Nifty, Sensex may enjoy short bounce – Friday closing report
- Is the Modi govt helping Ponzi, MLMs become legal?
- The ‘Made in India’ Problem
- Why are ex-servicemen disillusioned with successive govts?
- From Flipkart to Flopkart in one BigBillionDay
- Modi’s target to put India in the top 50 in ‘Ease-Of-Doing-Business’ a pipedream?
- Aadhaar: Is the Modi govt moving against the Supreme Court order?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls