Home loans: Hidden discount
Builders are offering to pay for pre-EMIs. But is this worthwhile for you?
Experts believe that real-estate prices have escalated so sharply within such a short period that pressure for a correction is increasing. There is a counter view that builders will not lower prices as input costs have increased significantly. However, sales have dwindled in expensive areas like south Mumbai. Secondly, some builders are quietly waiving the payment of what is called ‘pre-EMIs’ (equated monthly instalments) as part of their promotional efforts which is one way of saying that prices are coming down. The builder will agree ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield +4647 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Sensex, Nifty in a massive rally: Friday closing report
- Cracking down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part II
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls