Home loans: Hidden discount
Builders are offering to pay for pre-EMIs. But is this worthwhile for you?
Experts believe that real-estate prices have escalated so sharply within such a short period that pressure for a correction is increasing. There is a counter view that builders will not lower prices as input costs have increased significantly. However, sales have dwindled in expensive areas like south Mumbai. Secondly, some builders are quietly waiving the payment of what is called ‘pre-EMIs’ (equated monthly instalments) as part of their promotional efforts which is one way of saying that prices are coming...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +4965 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls