Regulations
Goldmine Agro, directors barred by SEBI from raising money from investors
SEBI found that Goldmine Agro collected about Rs35.62 crore by issuing NCDs to investors between 2009-10 and 2011-12
 
Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has barred Goldmine Agro Ltd and its directors from raising money from investors through issuance of securities for having violated with public issue norms.
 
Further, the company and its present directors -- Tushar Sur, Bablu Saha and Joydip Mukhopadhyay and past director Samir Kumar Mukherjee -- have been barred from issuing any offer document or advertisement for soliciting money from the public for the issue of securities. They have been restrained from accessing the securities markets, SEBI said.
 
SEBI found that Goldmine Agro raked in Rs35.62 crore by issuing NCDs to investors between 2009-10 and 2011-12. However, the company had not given details about number of allottees.
 
SEBI said it had received complaints alleging that Goldmine Agro was issuing non-convertible secured redeemable debentures (NCDs) to the public in the guise of private placement.
 
The company, through such activities, violated various norms, SEBI said.
 
The regulator observed that allotment of NCDs by the firm was a public issue, which under the rules require a compulsory listing on a recognised stock exchange. It was also required to file a prospectus, among others, which it failed to do.
 
"The company is engaged in fund mobilising activity from the public, through the offer of NCDs, and as a result of such activity has violated the provisions...Of the Companies Act," SEBI said in two separate interim orders.

User

Sunanda murder case: Polygraph test conducted on six Tharoor aides
Delhi Police's Special Investigation Team (SIT), which is probing the murder of Sunanda Pushkar, has conducted a polygraph or lie detector test on six people closely associated with her husband and former union minister Shashi Tharoor, Commissioner of Police B.S. Bassi said on Monday.
 
Police sources said the test was conducted on Tharoor's domestic help Narayan Singh, his driver Bajrangi and his friend Sanjay Dewan.
 
This was done after metropolitan magistrate Sunil Kumar Sharma, during in-camera proceedings on May 20, allowed police to conduct the polygraph test on the three people after their consent.
 
Three other people - S.K. Sharma, Vikas Ahlawat and Sunil Takru - have also undergone the lie detector test in connection with the case.
 
"Our investigation is continuing. During investigation, whatever needs to be done will be done. So far, we have already carried out polygraph test on six people. If there is any requirement, we will conduct further tests," Bassi told the media here.
 
"Till the time we conclude our investigation, whatever is required will be done. The reports of the tests have not come yet," he added.
 
The sources said the test was conducted in the presence of the suspects' lawyers.
 
Police had earlier questioned these six people.
 
During the polygraph test, over 100 questions related to some crucial facts, including injuries on Pushkar's body, were asked.
 
All the suspects were asked about Tharoor's relationship with Pushkar and Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
 
"During the polygraph test, all the suspects also faced questions related to the IPL controversy, the couple's trip to Dubai, and the constant fights between them," a police officer said on condition of anonymity.
 
Officers privy to the investigation said all the suspects were also asked about the couple's fight a day prior to Sunanda's death.
 
The messages recovered from Sunanda Pushkar's mobile phone were also part of the questions, said the officer.
 
Pushkar, who married Tharoor in 2010, was found dead under mysterious circumstances inside a room at the Leela Palace Hotel in Delhi on January 17, 2014. Police registered a murder case on January 1, 2015.
 
Prior to her death, Pushkar was embroiled in a spat with Pakistani journalist Tarar, whom she accused of stalking her husband.

User

Cameron threatened to 'close down' BBC, says editor
BBC's political editor has claimed that Prime Minister David Cameron while campaigning for the May 7 general elections had threatened to "close down" the organisation.
 
Cameron's Conservative Party's war with BBC went up a notch when the premier made the incendiary comments to journalists while travelling on his "battle bus" ahead of the general elections, in which his party won a majority seat in the House of Commons, the Telegraph reported on Monday.
 
BBC's political editor Nick Robinson said he was unsure whether the prime minister was making a "joke or a threat" - but claimed it was seen as "yet another bit of pressure" by BBC employees.
 
The editor said that while travelling on the bus, Cameron "rubbished" a BBC story where the news organisation had claimed the prime minister telling former Liberal Democrats leader Nick Clegg that the Conservatives would not win a majority, adding, "I'm going to close them (BBC) down after the election."
 
"What really matters is the impact it has on other people. Some people on the bus regarded it funny but they generally did not work for the BBC," Robinson told The Guardian.
 
"The people who did [work for BBC] regarded it as yet another bit of pressure and a sort of sense of 'do not forget who is the boss here'."
 
Senior Conservative figures had earlier accused BBC of being biased in its election coverage.

User

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)