EIH Associated Hotels' Q3 net up at Rs10.02 crore

EIH Associated Hotels net sales increased by 5.28% to Rs58.94 crore during the third quarter of the current financial year.

Oberoi Group firm EIH Associated Hotels Ltd reported a marginal increase in net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2011, to Rs 10.02 crore. The company's net profit for the three months ended 31 December 2010, stood at Rs 9.96 crore, it said in a filing to the BSE.
     
The firm's net sales increased by 5.28% to Rs58.94 crore during the third quarter of the current financial year from Rs55.98 crore in the corresponding period last fiscal.

In the early afternoon, EIH Associated Hotels was trading at around Rs161.80 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2.76% up from the previous close.

User

Zuari Industries Q3 net down 14%

Fertiliser maker Zuari Industries Ltd has reported a 14% decline in net profit at Rs31.38 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December 2011.

The company, a part of the Adventz Group, had reported a net profit of Rs36.57 crore in the corresponding year-ago period, it said in a filing to the BSE.

Net sales of the company rose 22% to Rs1,856.19 crore from Rs1,524.06 crore for the same period in the previous year.

Zuari had last year in December announced a joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation to form MCA Phosphates Pte Ltd. Zuari has a 30% stake in the joint venture, while the remaining 70% is with Mitsubishi.

In the early afternoon, Zuari Industries was trading at around Rs458.70 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 0.97% up from the previous close.

User

Jain Irrigation Systems looks at Rs5,000 crore topline this fiscal

"We are looking at 20-25% growth this fiscal:” Jain Irrigation Systems' managing director Anil Jain said.

Pune-based Jain Irrigation Systems said it hopes to maintain first half's growth momentum and end the current fiscal with 20-25% topline growth at over Rs5,000 crore.

"We are looking at 20-25% growth this fiscal. In the first half, our overall topline growth was 23%. We hope to maintain the tempo and end the fiscal with 20-25% growth," Jain Irrigation Systems' managing director Anil Jain told PTI here.

The company had reported Rs4,157 crore revenue last fiscal, and around 67% of that came from the domestic market. The rest was mostly from Europe and the US.

The contribution from overseas markets might improve in the current fiscal as income from the US operations is set to grow given the double-digit growth in irrigation business there, more than 20% growth in food business and around 25% growth in the plastic business.

"However, revenue ratio between India and the overseas markets is likely to be 65:35. India is going to remain the major market for us," he said. Jain said the company would foray into Africa and start marketing products across the baskets with emphasis on micro irrigation and pipes.

"First we plan to establish our presence n the ground in Africa with distribution of all our products, mostly in micro irrigation and pipes. We need to understand the local market and then setting up a manufacturing plant would be looked after at the second stage," he said. Asked whether the company would look for inorganic route for expansion in Africa, he said there was always opportunity, but nothing is on the company's radar, as of now.

Jain said the company's capital expenditure in the next fiscal would be around Rs200 crore, almost half of the amount it spent in the current fiscal.

"We might go slow for one year in next fiscal. It's because, we were investing a lot for the last 2-3 years. So next year, we will go for lesser capex. It may be around Rs200 crore," he said.

In the early afternoon, Jain Irrigation Systems was trading at around Rs101.80 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1.44% up from the previous close.

User

COMMENTS

Ramesh B

5 years ago

share punished heavily by market in Dec.11, may be due to offloading by FIIs on the concern of high receivables from Govt. and low bottomiline. Dr.Jain in the article is silent on bottomline.
2. JainIR DVR at 39/- can be a better oppertunity!?

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)