E-Passbook to EPF members devised on EPFO website
“A facility to generate member passbook, employee passbook and on-request passbook through Employees’ Portal on EPFO website has been devised,” said Abhay Ranjan, regional PF commissioner
Greater convenience and up-to-date information has been introduced by the Provident Fund (PF) regional commissioner, Abhay Ranjan, with respect to Employees Provident Fund (EPF). In a letter to all regional PF commissioners in the country, he has said, “A facility of E-Passbook to EPF members has been devised by the IS (Information Systems) Division, Head Office-Delhi, through the member portal on the EPFO website.”
According to Mr Ranjan, the EPF members can directly approach the EPFO website and after entering certain necessary details, they can get themselves registered. The registered EPF members can obtain E-Passbook after entering the establishment code, employee number and name as per PF slip.
Mr Ranjan added that the E-Passbook shall be available only for active members and not for settled members, inoperative members, and negative balance cases and exempted establishments.
For employers, there is a similar facility on the employer’s portal on the EPFO website. Employers can generate a PDF file, which contains all the transactions of the members against the establishment. The transactions would be from the last approved accounting year onwards.
Employers can also generate the employee-wise passbook.
More in Moneylife
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Did you know LPG consumers get an insurance coverage?
- Harassment of taxpayers: CBDT promises action as PM Modi expresses dissatisfaction
- Government to invest $10 bn in chip manufacturing units
- Hold on to Your House Carefully; You May Lose It
- Did Angelina Jolie just boost the growth of $1.72 trillion cancer industry?
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A of IT Act
- Corporate Espionage and Worse: All Too Common
- QNet: EOW arrests V-Elite leaders Sandeep Kalra and Hitesh Miglani
- History Will Not Be Kind to Dr Manmohan Singh
- The Nirbhaya Documentary - as always, follow the money
- Dena Bank refuses to vacate property; harasses owners
- Are fund houses using direct plans to benefit themselves?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls