E-Passbook to EPF members devised on EPFO website
“A facility to generate member passbook, employee passbook and on-request passbook through Employees’ Portal on EPFO website has been devised,” said Abhay Ranjan, regional PF commissioner
Greater convenience and up-to-date information has been introduced by the Provident Fund (PF) regional commissioner, Abhay Ranjan, with respect to Employees Provident Fund (EPF). In a letter to all regional PF commissioners in the country, he has said, “A facility of E-Passbook to EPF members has been devised by the IS (Information Systems) Division, Head Office-Delhi, through the member portal on the EPFO website.”
According to Mr Ranjan, the EPF members can directly approach the EPFO website and after entering certain necessary details, they can get themselves registered. The registered EPF members can obtain E-Passbook after entering the establishment code, employee number and name as per PF slip.
Mr Ranjan added that the E-Passbook shall be available only for active members and not for settled members, inoperative members, and negative balance cases and exempted establishments.
For employers, there is a similar facility on the employer’s portal on the EPFO website. Employers can generate a PDF file, which contains all the transactions of the members against the establishment. The transactions would be from the last approved accounting year onwards.
Employers can also generate the employee-wise passbook.
More in Moneylife
What Really Happened at United Bank of India? +8074 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- The UBI Saga Exposes Many Warts
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- FMP is unclear to investors: Our Online Survey Results
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- Scam-tainted officers gunning for Dr Ashok Khemka?
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls