According to the regulator, affected subscribers will have option to port out through MNP and it will instruct operators to inform their subscribers and come out with advertisement
New Delhi: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Thursday said there will not be much impact on customers due to cancellation of 122 2G licenses of eight companies, as around 95% of total subscribers belong to operators which got licences before January 2008, reports PTI.
"The Supreme Court judgement will be implemented. Customers will not be impacted from the cancellation of licences as around 95% market share is of those who got licences before January 2008," TRAI Chairman JS Sarma told reporters.
He added that subscribers have the option to port out using mobile number portability (MNP). "Subscribers have option to port out through MNP. We will instruct operators to inform their subscribers and come out with advertisement," Mr Sarma said.
On chances of tariff hike due to expected high price of spectrum, Mr Sarma said that TRAI is alert and will keep a watch on the situation.
The companies that are set to lose on account of the cancellation of the licences are: Uninor (joint venture between Unitech and Telenor of Norway), Loop Telecom, Sistema Shyam (joint venture between Shyam and Sistema of Russia), Etisalat DB (joint venture between Swan and Etisalat of UAE), S Tel, Videocon, Tatas and Idea.
With cancellation of these licences, over 500 Mhz spectrum will be available for auction.
In a letter to potential investors, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said that the company thinks a more open and connected world will help create a stronger economy with more authentic businesses that build better products and services
Washington: Facebook, the social networking giant, has filed an initial public offering which could raise as much as $10 billion and could value the company between $75 billion and $100 billion, reports PTI.
However, the company said it plans to raise $5 billion in its stock sale, the largest public offering on the history of a web company.
Also, Facebook for the first time gave potential investors a glimpse into its financial structure.
In its filing before the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Facebook said in 2011 it generated revenue of $3.71 billion, which is an increase of 88% from $1.97 billion the year before and 377% from 2009.
In 2011, its income was $1 billion, an increase of 65% from 2010’s $606 billion. Facebook derives 85% of its revenues from advertising, and the rest from social gaming and other fees.
"The company hopes to raise as much as $10 billion when it begins selling shares this spring ...," The Wall Street Journal said in a report.
Founded in 2004 by CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook now has some 845 million active users who in all upload 250 million photos a day.
According to the filing, Zuckerberg made a salary of $483,333 last year, in addition to a $220,500 bonus for the first half of 2011.
"The paperwork portrays a company that makes the vast majority of its money from selling display ads targeted to its users who have revealed to Facebook much about their lives," the Washington Post reported.
Facebook is expected to file its paperwork several times over the next few months, updating the information it provided to the SEC on Wednesday.
Meanwhile in a letter to potential investors, Mr Zuckerberg said Facebook thinks a more open and connected world will help create a stronger economy with more authentic businesses that build better products and services.
"As people share more, they have access to more opinions from the people they trust about the products and services they use. This makes it easier to discover the best products and improve the quality and efficiency of their lives," he wrote.
The Tribunal also asked Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel and Tata Tele to file their replies over the plea of state-run firm BSNL to implead in 3G roaming controversy along with DoT
New Delhi: The hearing on the 3G roaming controversy before the telecom tribunal Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) was on Thursday adjourned even as the Department of Telecom (DoT) contended the delay was leading to the operators taking advantage of the interim order, reports PTI. The TDSAT has now put the matter for next hearing on 16th February.
However, the TDSAT directed the five operators -- Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel and Tata Tele - to file their replies over the plea of state-run firm BSNL to implead in 3G roaming controversy along with DoT.
The TDSAT bench headed by its Chairman Justice SB Sinha also asked the DoT to file reply over the main petition within three weeks and operators to submit rejoinder over it.
Additional Solicitor General AS Chandiok representing DoT opposed the adjournment and said the interim protection to the operators cannot go on.
He further said TDSAT's interim order of December 24 directing the DoT not to take any coercive action against the operators should be embargoed. He also stressed that the operators should also not add new 3G customers.
However, the TDSAT Chairman said it could not modify its earlier order without hearing the both sides.
On the part of delay, the tribunal said it passed the 24th December order without giving a full hearing to DoT, but in "...meanwhile, you (DoT) filed that we have no jurisdiction. So it is pending".
On 20th January, TDSAT had dismissed DoT plea challenging the former's jurisdiction to decide on 3G roaming dispute and held it has the power to decide on government's direction on 3G roaming agreements among operators.