Citizens' Issues
Court order in defamation case against Kejriwal on 2nd May
The Metropolitan Magistrate observed that Kejriwal, Sisodia and Yadav have not explained any reasonable ground for the plea seeking exemption from personal appearance in the Court and they have no respect of law
 
A City Court on Tuesday fixed 2nd May for delivering its order on framing of charges in a defamation case against Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and two others after they appeared before it.
 
Earlier, the Court has asked Kejriwal and two others to explain why should they be exempted from court appearing and directed them to be present in a defamation case filed by Surender Kumar Sharma.
 
Metropolitan Magistrate Mayuri Singh observed that accused persons have not explained any reasonable ground for the plea seeking exemption from personal appearance in the court and they have no respect of law.
 
Kejriwal, deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Yogendra Yadav moved their application seeking exemption from personal appearance at the hearing.
 
Keeping the matter pending for 2pm, the court asked them to appear before it on Tuesday.
 
The complainant, advocate Surender Kumar Sharma had alleged that in 2013 the AAP approached him and asked him to contest the Delhi assembly elections on a party ticket, saying Kejriwal was pleased with his social services.
 
On 14 October 2013, Sharma claimed, articles in leading newspapers carried "defamatory, unlawful and derogatory words used by the accused persons" which have lowered his reputation in the Bar and the society.
 
The court had earlier reserved the order for 11th February and then adjourned it for 17th March on framing of charges against Kejriwal, Sisodia and Yadav.
 
All three leaders are at present out on bail.
 
Sharma said he filled up the application form to contest the polls after Sisodia and Yadav allegedly told him that the AAP's Political Affairs Committee had decided to give him the ticket. However, it was later denied to him.
 

 

User

Consumer Complaints: Identity Theft remains at top for 15 Years in a Row
FTC releases its top consumer complaints of 2014, including identity theft, debt collection, imposter schemes, telephone and mobile services, bank and lenders, prizes, sweepstakes and lotteries and auto related issues
 
Once again, identity theft steals the show. For the 15th straight year, the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has listed ID theft as the year’s top consumer complaint. The 2014 rankings — borne out of consumer complaints recorded in the FTC’s Consumer Sentinel Network — also saw imposter schemes cracking the top three for the first time, which the FTC said signalled a rise in governmental impersonators. Overall, consumers last year reported annual losses of more than $1.7 billion to fraud. Here’s how the rest of the top seven rounds out.
 
 
Learn how better to protect yourself from identity theft here
 

User

COMMENTS

vswami

2 years ago

OFFHAND
The illegality, or irregularity reported from across the globe, no doubt,makes for a startling reading;particularly to know that it has been going on FOR YEARS; and, if not mistaken, has been coming to light only through consumer complaints, not in the normal course.Does that mean, the computerized system even in US with the most advanced technology in place has yawning gaps left unplugged?

Incidentally, Mrs Grundy in other countries, such as not- so-advanced as India,will be curious, rather worried to know whether it has similar network akin to CSN of FTC, and reliable and authentic record maintained likewise updating 'governmental impersonators'!

SEBI bars Kolkata-based I-Core from raising public funds

Kolkata based I-Core E-Services had allegedly collected Rs45.74 crore from investors during 2009-2010

 

Market regulator Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has ordered Kolkata based I-Core E-Services (ICES) and its promoters not to raise funds through issuance of securities besides restricting it from the capital markets.
 
The SEBI, in its interim order, said: "It is alleged that the company was engaged in fund mobilising activity through issue of equity shares to more than 49 persons without complying with the various provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and SEBI DIP Guidelines, 2000."
 
The firm is already under the scanner from Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO).
 
The company had allegedly collected funds to the tune of Rs45.74 crore during 2009-2010.
 
The interim order passed by SEBI also prevented the company from "issuing prospectus or any offer document or issue advertisement for soliciting money from the public for the issue of securities".
 
In July last year, the SEBI had barred ICES from mobilising money by issuing securities and had also restricted the firm and its directors from the capital market till further directions were issued.
 

User

We are listening!

Solve the equation and enter in the Captcha field.
  Loading...
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email
Close

To continue


Please
Sign Up or Sign In
with

Email

BUY NOW

The Scam
24 Year Of The Scam: The Perennial Bestseller, reads like a Thriller!
Moneylife Magazine
Fiercely independent and pro-consumer information on personal finance
Stockletters in 3 Flavours
Outstanding research that beats mutual funds year after year
MAS: Complete Online Financial Advisory
(Includes Moneylife Magazine and Lion Stockletter)