Combating Rising Interest Rates
The safe and smart way to reduce your home loan burden
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has hiked interest rates 12 times in the past 20 months effectively increasing the rates by 3.75 percentage points. This leaves no option for banks but to pass on the rate hike to customers. Home-loan rates have gone up from around 9.50% in September last year to 11%-12% currently.
Home-loan borrowers have been badly hit, as a result. The impact is in the form of longer tenures and higher EMIs (equated monthly instalments).
Consider a borrower with Rs30 lakh outstanding on his home loan...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +5464 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls