The special court issued summons to Gupta, two other serving government officials, Kamal Sponge Steel and Power, its managing director Pavan Ahluwalia and senior official Amit Goyal
A special court on Monday rejected the closure report of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and summoned as accused former Secretary for Coal HC Gupta, two government servants, Madhya Pradesh (MP)-based Kamal Sponge Steel and Power Ltd and its officials in a coal blocks allocation scam case.
Special Judge Bharat Parashar took cognisance of the offences of criminal conspiracy, cheating and criminal breach of trust by public servant under the IPC and under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"I am taking cognisance for the offences under sections 120B, 420 and 409 of the IPC and also under sections 13(1)(d) and 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act. I am summoning the accused," the judge said, adding that a separate order will be followed.
The court issued summons to Gupta, two other serving government officials, Kamal Sponge Steel and Power, its managing director Pavan Ahluwalia and senior official Amit Goyal and directed them to appear before it on 31st October.
The court directed the investigating officer to get the summons served to all the accused and also asked him to complete the documents to be given to the accused before the next date of hearing (October 31).
The court passed the order while rejecting the closure report filed by CBI in the case in which Kamal Sponge Steel and Power Ltd, its directors, Pavan, Kamaljeet Ahluwalia, Prashant Ahluwalia, Amit and some unknown government servants were named as accused for allegedly misrepresenting facts, including inflated net worth, to acquire coal blocks.
Anonymous took the action shortly after the Chinese government denounced the group’s threat of cyber-attacks, which were apparently in support of the Hong Kong protesters
The ‘Anonymous’ group of computer hackers had followed up on its threat made to release data from Chinese government Web sites in support of the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.
The group released hundreds of phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the Ningbo Free Trade Zone in Zhejiang province and a job-search site run by the Changxing county administration also in the coastal province, Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported on Monday.
Anonymous took the action shortly after the government denounced the group’s threat of cyber-attacks, which were apparently in support of the protesters. The data also included individual IP addresses and names.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry said earlier that the threat shows that China is a victim of cyber assaults and faced a major threat from international hacker groups. It was not immediately clear why the two Web sites were targeted.
Anonymous said it had already infiltrated more than 50 mainland government databases and leaked 50,000 user names and e-mails, saying it was fulfilling the promises to “stand and fight alongside the citizens of Hong Kong’’.
The group had earlier targeted Hong Kong sites after issuing a first warning on 2nd October.
In a public video message, Anonymous declared ‘cyberwar’ on the government and police force for the use of tear gas against demonstrators, the Post report said.
Anonymous made some sites either inaccessible or intermittently accessible on 3rd October.
Michael Gazeley, managing director of security service provider Network Box, said it was difficult to judge “whether (the earlier attacks) really are (the work) of Anonymous to start with” because Anonymous is a loosely associated group, the Post report said.
It was a picture of destruction in Visakhapatnam, which bore the brunt of the cyclone fury, with hundreds of fallen trees, poles and other rubble blocking the roads
As cyclone Hudhud weakened moving north-westwards, Andhra Pradesh was on Monday grappling with its aftermath following extensive damage to infrastructure and many losing their houses in the three worst affected districts, which were facing shortage of essential commodities.
An alert for heavy to very heavy rainfall has been sounded in districts of Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram and in some parts of Odisha where the cyclone, which has claimed eight lives so far, had moved before heading to Chhattisgarh.
Over 2.48 lakh people in 320 villages of 44 mandals (blocks) have been affected by the cyclone in Andhra Pradesh. As many as 1.35 lakh people have been evacuated and accommodated in 223 relief camps.
It was a picture of destruction in Visakhapatnam, which bore the brunt of the cyclone fury, with hundreds of fallen trees, poles and other rubble blocking the roads as winds of almost 200 kmph tore away roofs and hoardings in the city, where the cyclone made landfall yesterday.
“There is no power, no water or milk, no electricity. We are not getting petrol. We cannot move on the roads. It is difficult to survive a single day here,” said a harried resident.
The cyclone has snapped water and power supply and communication links have collapsed in the affected areas. Most of the petrol pumps were closed due to the damage caused by the cyclone and those which had opened Monday, saw people queueing up in large numbers.
The airport and railway lines in the city were badly damaged in the heavy downpour and gusty winds.
The state government has started the tedious exercise of assessing damage and losses with Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu directing Hyderabad-headquartered National Remote Sensing Centre to use geo-tagging to put the data on damage on the map.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Visakhapatnam Tuesday to take stock of the situation while Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu’s Cabinet is expected to be in the city as the government focuses on bringing life back to normal in the affected districts.
According to the State’s Revenue (Disaster Management) Department, five persons were killed in the incidents of wall and roof collapses and uprooting of trees in the region. The deceased included one-year-old P Naga Manoj here.
According to Met department, Hudhud lay centred very close to south Chhattisgarh and adjoining southwest Odisha. It would move north—northwestwards and weaken gradually.
In Odisha, where three persons were killed, the state government braced for relief and rehabilitation in the affected southern districts where the cyclone damaged houses and uprooted trees and poles.