Bonanza Portfolio launches first ever Shariah Fund
Bonanza–Pragmatic Shariah fund is intended to give an alternative investment opportunity to 150 million Indian Muslims
Bonanza Portfolio Ltd with Pragmatic Wealth Management Pvt Ltd has launched India's premier Shariah Portfolio Management Services. The service is titled as Bonanza-Pragmatic Shariah fund and is intended to give an alternative investment opportunity to 150 million Indian Muslims.
The fund would only invest in permissible sectors like automobiles, construction & reality, healthcare, metal & mines, power & utility, consumer goods & services, capital goods & industrials, information technology & oil & gas. The Shariah forbids the use of interest or speculation. This move would enable the Muslims in India to participate in the stock market.
The fund will be managed by investment expert Imtiaz Merchant as per Shariah guidelines mandate by Shariah Board, Islamic Investment & Finance Board (IIFB).
Imtiaz Merchant, fund manager, Bonanza Shariah PMS said, "The stocks invested in equity will be selected from Shariah compliant stock universe comprising companies, spread over nine Islamically permissible sectors."
The fund will be 100% equity based and will not comprise any debt instruments. Adhering to Shariah Law, the fund will totally refrain from day's trading. The Shariah Fund will be benchmark against Sensex, Nifty and S&P Shariah Index. The fund would target the HNIs, corporate and retail investors with the minimum ticket size Rs5 lakh.
More in Moneylife
Is the Modi govt helping Ponzi, MLMs become legal? +11631 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Insurance problems: How to get justice from Ombudsman in a cost-effective way
Unicity. Is another company from bangalore I got to know Hemant Sharma
- Jayalalitha gets interim bail from Supreme Court
- 49% of RTI applications about information that is deliberately hidden from public
- SBI Chief Tries to Shift the Blame on NPAs
- How Moneylife Foundation's Free Credit Helpline is important to you
- Book Review of 'Not Just an Accountant'
- Learn From Others’ Insurance Mistakes
- Is the Modi govt helping Ponzi, MLMs become legal?
- The ‘Made in India’ Problem
- Why are ex-servicemen disillusioned with successive govts?
- From Flipkart to Flopkart in one BigBillionDay
- Modi’s target to put India in the top 50 in ‘Ease-Of-Doing-Business’ a pipedream?
- Aadhaar: Is the Modi govt moving against the Supreme Court order?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls