“The Filter Bubble” is a worrying description of how the Internet flow controls you
If you have not heard about a company called ‘Acxiom’, read this: “Acxiom knows about 96% of American households and half a billion people worldwide; the names of their family members, their current and past addresses, how often they pay their credit card bills, whether they own a dog or a cat (and what breed it is), whether they are right-handed or left-handed, what kind of medication they use (based on pharmacy records)... the list of data points is about 1,500 items long.” And Acxiom knew more than the...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Abhishek, we will miss you terribly... +4965 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Ameet Patel on Budget 2014
- KBC Multi Trade, another MLM, goes bust; three agents dead
- How to get deemed conveyance for your housing society
- Call log records of 26/11 tampered? Maharashtra SCIC asks govt to probe
- Budget 2014 has done well in recognizing the needs of senior citizens
- Why more vaccines won't translate to better health
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls