Auto sales: Exports up,local sales splutter
Improved public transport is making more people park their cars at home, while local fuel-efficient small autos are gaining traction globally
The past few weeks have been interesting for the Indian auto industry. On one side, the expected boom in exports of fuel-efficient cars, bikes and commercial vehicles seems to be zooming, if advance information from friends in the shipping and car carrier ship industry is to be believed. However, domestic sales of private vehicles appear to have nosedived—especially in metros—caused by better public transport in some and rising fuel costs and lower resale values in others. Most important, ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
Banks Vs Depositors +4668 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation event on decoding the realty regulator
- Banks Vs Depositors
- FIR against godman Brahmrishi Kumarswami
- FIPB defers decision on Jet-Etihad deal; Telenor gets go-ahead
- WPI-based Inflation eases to 4.7% in May
- I-T dept issues Rs816 crore demand notice on Wipro
- Government rectifies IIP data to 2.2% within 24 hours
- Naxals attack Dhanbad-Patna train, kills RPF jawan
- SEBI seeks details of Infosys board meeting of 1st June
- NSE to suspend trading in KS Oils, Abhishek Corp from 21st June
- Amway India chief, two others arrested under PCMCS Act. What about other MLMs?
- TDS on bank deposits: RBI’s advice to acknowledge 15-G/15-H is only half a step
- Corporate Governance: Convenience Rules with Infy Too
- Credit Sudhaar asking Rs16,000 a year for restoring 'credit'?
- Governance Deficit in Infosys?
- “Banks should not be selling third-party products,” RBI deputy governor
- Someone knew Narayana Murthy is coming back and traded on it
- Voila! A demand draft is bounced!
- Many messy reasons why people prefer gold. Can the FM remove them?
- Mango: Our Super Functional Food
- Suicides: Thousands of helpless men are victimized every year, says SIFF
- When Narayana Murthy walked the talk on Good Governance
- HDFC Bank pitches toxic product to NRIs
- A yield of 19.4%?
- Exclusive: Here is the Real Estate Bill, kept hidden from public
- Monitoring politically exposed persons: Need for a new approach by RBI
- Moneylife Impact: Now pay online for your passport; challan option also available
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls