Moneylife » Alternative investment: Collective amnesia
Alternative investment: Collective amnesia
SEBI has come out with an ambit of what it calls collective investments schemes (CIS). The first time Sebi came up with the idea of regulating CIS was when many investors were taken for a ride by ‘plantation’ companies, literally promising that money would grow on trees. We don’t know what has prompted the current move but we sure know that Moneylife has broken the story on how Osian’s Art Fund raised more than a hundred crore rupees for a three-year art fund but has not yet been able to pay back the redemption amounts fully. We had also pointed ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
What Really Happened at United Bank of India? +8137 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- The UBI Saga Exposes Many Warts
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- Scam-tainted officers gunning for Dr Ashok Khemka?
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls