Air India cancels Singapore flight, passengers stranded at Mumbai
Air India's Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander
Mumbai: As many as 260 passengers of a Singapore-bound Air India flight from Mumbai were stranded after the airline cancelled it citing non-availability of cockpit crew, reports PTI.
The flight, which was scheduled to take-off at 0005 hours Wednesday, is now expected to depart for its destination tonight, an Air India spokesperson said.
"The Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander. The flight will now leave for Singapore at midnight today," the spokesperson said.
Air India has provided hotel and other facilities to the stranded passengers, the airline said, adding that some of the passengers have been booked on other flights.
The airline is facing acute shortage of pilots, particularly commanders, as a good number of them have quit the carrier for better prospects.
Late last month, Air India Mumbai-Riyadh flight was delayed by 20 hours, leading to chaos at the city airport. The airline had then attributed the inordinate delay to flight crew shortage.
More in Moneylife
What is left of Cricket? +1300 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
- 3 Ways Citibank Misled US Consumers
- After taking Hippocratic Oath, doctor practices hypocrisy; gets 45 years in prison
- Greek Tragedy: Every pothole is an opportunity, says Prof Vaidyanathan
- Reliance Industries net up 4.4 percent but on lower turnover
- India-born engineer's roti maker gets $11.5 mn investment
- What is left of Cricket?
- 8 reasons why Good Governance will not come by building on Aadhaar
- Is real estate in a slow-motion crash?
- Mamata in London with 66-member delegation; but no senior leaders available to meet
- Aadhaar: Nagrik Chetna Manch files contempt petition against RBI, CEC, Cabinet Secretary
- India's e-vault to store documents on cloud draws crowds
- Three Cheers for the Supreme Court’s Orders on IPL, Mallya and Sahara
Grab a Discount Coupon here
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls