Air India cancels Singapore flight, passengers stranded at Mumbai
Air India's Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander
Mumbai: As many as 260 passengers of a Singapore-bound Air India flight from Mumbai were stranded after the airline cancelled it citing non-availability of cockpit crew, reports PTI.
The flight, which was scheduled to take-off at 0005 hours Wednesday, is now expected to depart for its destination tonight, an Air India spokesperson said.
"The Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander. The flight will now leave for Singapore at midnight today," the spokesperson said.
Air India has provided hotel and other facilities to the stranded passengers, the airline said, adding that some of the passengers have been booked on other flights.
The airline is facing acute shortage of pilots, particularly commanders, as a good number of them have quit the carrier for better prospects.
Late last month, Air India Mumbai-Riyadh flight was delayed by 20 hours, leading to chaos at the city airport. The airline had then attributed the inordinate delay to flight crew shortage.
More in Moneylife
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
CSR Reporting, legal and fiscal due diligence by NGOs
- ATM Charges: Madras HC issues notices to RBI, IBA
- Insider trading in ING Vysya stock?
- Can hospitals be more transparent by showing patient survival data?
- Will 'Jeevan Praman' really help ease life for pensioners?
- Moneylife Foundation felicitates Constable Azim Shaikh for preventing a railway catastrophe
- Kotak Mahindra Bank acquires ING Vysya Bank
- QNet: EOW tightens rope around agents, meeting places
- Stop Punishing Investors for the actions of Rogue Promoters
- Open Letter to the new Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- ‘Any Branch Banking' - For whose benefit?
- How banks helped Modi's new minister get rich while shareholders got poor
- ATM Charges: When RBI acts as ‘toothless’ tiger
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls