Air India cancels Singapore flight, passengers stranded at Mumbai
Air India's Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander
Mumbai: As many as 260 passengers of a Singapore-bound Air India flight from Mumbai were stranded after the airline cancelled it citing non-availability of cockpit crew, reports PTI.
The flight, which was scheduled to take-off at 0005 hours Wednesday, is now expected to depart for its destination tonight, an Air India spokesperson said.
"The Mumbai-Singapore flight AI342 with 260 passengers on board was cancelled due to non-availability of commander. The flight will now leave for Singapore at midnight today," the spokesperson said.
Air India has provided hotel and other facilities to the stranded passengers, the airline said, adding that some of the passengers have been booked on other flights.
The airline is facing acute shortage of pilots, particularly commanders, as a good number of them have quit the carrier for better prospects.
Late last month, Air India Mumbai-Riyadh flight was delayed by 20 hours, leading to chaos at the city airport. The airline had then attributed the inordinate delay to flight crew shortage.
More in Moneylife
Will the new gold scheme succeed? +811 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis says financial literacy empowers citizens
Grab a Discount Coupon here
- Bought a home? Great! But don’t forget to deduct TDS
- Tax Tentacles – 4: Redefining What to Tax
- No Achche Din for PSU Shareholders
- Nifty, Bank Nifty, Sensex still on an uptrend – Wednesday closing report
- Aruna Shanbaug: The fighter-survivor helped over 42 years by KEM staff
- Hardly any foreign investment into India: China daily
- Who Does the Modi Sarkar Really Represent?
- Black Money Bill not sufficient to eliminate the problem, says Dr Subramanian Swamy
- Dispense with TDS certificates and save tax payers from harassment!
- SEBI's Lip Service on Governance
- Is your property insured for a Nepal-like earthquake?
- Why no Chief CIC in Modi Raj?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls